Switched devices and lost my voicemails
Miss1024

I upgraded my iphone 4S to the Galaxy s5 and all my visual voice mails from my iphone are now gone. I decided I did not like the android so I returned it and went back to my iphone 4s for the time being, assuming my voice mails would come back as well, but they are gone. I have been on the phone with about 6 different Verizon tech's and no one can help me. They all try the same thing, they give me a special number to call to retrieve my archived VM but the only ones on there are my recent ones I have just gotten. I do understand about the voice mails being different with apple, but NO ONE thought they should mention this to me when I was upgrading in the store! A small, please save all your personal information, including voice mails would have been nice! I have had very important and significant voice mails saved for 10 YEARS, I have never lost them before switching devices and now I switch to android for 5 days and they are all gone forever. I don't think this is right and there HAS to be some way to get them back. Are they deleted forever? 10 Years of VM down the drain because I switched phones for 5 days, it just tears my heart out! Also, I want to note that I received a VM when I had my android and when I switched back to my iphone, my vm was there! How did it switch back with me if they are incompatible services?

I read another thread where someone else mentions this same thing and they said that Verizon did "something" to get them back. Can anyone please help me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Switched devices and lost my voicemails
rcschnoor
Legend

First of all, Apple's Visual Voicemail is just that, an APPLE product.

If you want help with it, it would be better to call Apple instead of Verizon.Smiley Happy They will have more insight about one of their systems than Verizon would have. If you can get them back, they would be the ones to help you.

0 Likes
Miss1024

Ok, that was my next thought. I will try to call them.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Stephanie-Rocks_
Enthusiast - Level 3

Were you ever able to recover your messages?

If you had previously backed up your iPhone to your computer, you could extract the voicemails from the backup using iBackupBot (free).

0 Likes