Switching devices without breaking my contract
TerrySam
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good evening and happy new year,

I recently purchased an iPhone 6 with a 2 year contract. Although I am happy with my service, I cannot say the same for my phone. I would like to ask if its possible to purchase a new cellphone at full price through Verizon (Note 4), transfer my Verizon sim card from my iPhone to the Note, and then sell my iPhone 6 to a friend. Will he have any issues with using/activating the phone on the Verizon network? Do I need to do anything special in order to make the switch AND keep the rest of my contract with Verizon?

If by any chance i posted my question at the wrong subcategory, i apologize.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switching devices without breaking my contract
deloused
Master - Level 3

Yeah that's all totally good, it wouldn't affect your contract/plan. The one thing is tho the 2 devices use 2 different SIM cards, the note has a micro and iPhone has a nano. Your old card could be programmed with the other persons number in thier phone, or VZW corporate stores/CS provide them for free to their customers. And the new phone will come with one as well.

View solution in original post

deloused
Master - Level 3

Yeah that's all totally good, it wouldn't affect your contract/plan. The one thing is tho the 2 devices use 2 different SIM cards, the note has a micro and iPhone has a nano. Your old card could be programmed with the other persons number in thier phone, or VZW corporate stores/CS provide them for free to their customers. And the new phone will come with one as well.

Wolfealpha
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think you could just return the phone as long as it's within 15 days to get the note without purchasing it full priced.

0 Likes