Switching/swapping number among different phones - more than once
parrotfish
Enthusiast - Level 1

Similar questions have been asked and answered before, but I am hoping to get a mid-2017 update. I currently have an iPhone 5s and plan to get a 7. Because I am doing some interface design & development work for mobile devices, I would like to be able to switch my identity back and forth between an iPhone and some type of Android phone such as a current Samsung Galaxy model – so I can compare things. Is it still true that the phone number would be successfully transferred just by swapping the nano-SIM? And reverse-swapping at any time?

I understand that, unlike migrating to a new/different Apple device, this wouldn't transfer other things such as apps, internet logins, etc. as can be done via iCloud. But is there any way to transfer/translate anything between iOS and Android devices, to what extent it's even conceivable? (I mean for example, a listing of what apps would need to be installed on one in order to come close to having the same configuration as the other device.)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Switching/swapping number among different phones - more than once
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

parrotfish -

Great question. You are very much correct. The SIM card is what holds all your network information, so if you pop your SIM into any Verizon device that uses the same size SIM, it will work right away.

As long as you don't factory data reset your devices each time, there won't be any need to redownload apps/email/etc.. each time. It will still be there for you after the initial set up.  Keep in mind, going from Apple to Android can cause some issues with iMessage. I recommend not using iMessage at all and allow your texts always send as a regular SMS, otherwise each time to switch back to Android you will want to de-register iMessage. If you don't de-register iMessage, anytime an Apple user texts you, the text will go to your iTunes account and won't be delivered to your Android. http://apple.co/2oO343W.

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Switching/swapping number among different phones - more than once
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

parrotfish -

Great question. You are very much correct. The SIM card is what holds all your network information, so if you pop your SIM into any Verizon device that uses the same size SIM, it will work right away.

As long as you don't factory data reset your devices each time, there won't be any need to redownload apps/email/etc.. each time. It will still be there for you after the initial set up.  Keep in mind, going from Apple to Android can cause some issues with iMessage. I recommend not using iMessage at all and allow your texts always send as a regular SMS, otherwise each time to switch back to Android you will want to de-register iMessage. If you don't de-register iMessage, anytime an Apple user texts you, the text will go to your iTunes account and won't be delivered to your Android. http://apple.co/2oO343W.

EricaC_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes