Text Ringer
Glenda-Chris

When I receive a TEXT, the ringer will not turn off no matter what button I hit. What can I do to stop the music/chime?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text Ringer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glenda-Chris,

I cannot imagine trying to deal with that incredibly annoying issue all day, every day. It sounds like there may be something wrong with the software in the phone. The good news is the fix is easy! Please connect your phone to a computer and use iTunes to Restore http://vz.to/1B99qbk the phone after you back up all of the information on it.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glenda-Chris,

Being notified of incoming messages is a good thing, just not to the point where the sound doesn't stop! Sorry you are having these troubles. What make/model phone do you have? When did this start happening?

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
Glenda-Chris

I have a Apple Iphone 5. I purchased it April 2013. It started about a month ago. I have changed the ring tone to multiple tones, but it continues to keep on ringing even after multiple attempts to stop it. For the last couple of weeks, the ringing/text ringing sounds have lowered so that I dont hear it ringing sometimes. I've never had any problems with the phone til now. I have called customer support about the ringing not stopping, but they didnt know how to fix it. Thanks for your help.

Glenda

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Glenda-Chris,

I cannot imagine trying to deal with that incredibly annoying issue all day, every day. It sounds like there may be something wrong with the software in the phone. The good news is the fix is easy! Please connect your phone to a computer and use iTunes to Restore http://vz.to/1B99qbk the phone after you back up all of the information on it.

SarahO_VZW

0 Likes