Text message issue
AmyonCamano

Within the last 2 days I am unable to send texts to one of my contacts. Prior to that, all of my texts were reaching him. He is still getting other texts, just not mine. I can recieve and read his texts but he gets none of my replies. I have an iPhone 6 and he has an old analog phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text message issue
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Do any of your texts to him have pictures, emojis, or a signature? Did you change the text display on your phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
AmyonCamano, this is surely a strange ituation to experience. Let's see what is happening to this one contact. I wanted to know do you receive any failed error messages when you are sending the text to them. Has anything been altered on your phone like adding a signature to your text messages? Have you tried to delete some of the old text messages to this number? Lets try these steps and see if you are then able to send text messages to them.

VeronicaM_ZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct nswer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
AmyonCamano

I haven't made any recent changes or even run any software updates. I've deleted the history and had been doing so before this issue began. No, I don't get any failed message alerts. Strange!

0 Likes
AmyonCamano

I did try to send a picture and I think that's when this started. He never got it. I haven't changed the Text display or added a signature.

0 Likes
AmyonCamano

And no emojis.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AmyonCamano, we certainly want all of your messages to work. Since this issue has started have you completely erased that contact from your phone and text thread you had with that individual? There are cases in where iPhones send messages as iMessages to non iPhones, this would help fix that on the phone.

Also is that individual's phone able to receive picture messages? If your thread was orginally sent to him in a group message, then the messages would be considered that type.
StevenG_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

AmyonCamano

I haven't deleted him from my contacts but will do so. He is able to recieve photo messages, in fact, I'd sent him one earlier in the week that went through. None of the messages have been group texts. I'll try deleting his contact and let you know what happens.

0 Likes
AmyonCamano

Nope, that didn't work.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let’s dig a little deeper into this issue, AmyonCamano. Thank you for attemtping to delete the contact and re-add it to your device. Are you able to call this contact without any issues? Do you happen to know the specific make/model of your contact’s phone and if so, can you advise? Were there any updates made to his device or by his wireless carrier recently? Looking forward to hearing back and getting this issue resolved.

ChrisM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes