Text won't go through unless they text me first
ambermatthew

I am having issues with one of my friends.  Frequently, my text messages show up as a green text and do not go through.  I message him on Facebook and tell him to send me a text and then it is back to blue and iMessages will go through.  It works good for a period of time and then it goes back to green and not going through.  Sometimes it only works for a couple of days and sometimes it works for several weeks.  I only have this issue with one contact.  Does anyone have any idea what is going on?  We both have iPhones.

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Text won't go through unless they text me first
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry to hear of any issues with sending an iMessage. When did this issue start? What model iPhone do you have? Does this only happen with one specific contact? AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
ambermatthew

It started about 6 months or so ago.  I have an iPhone 11 and so does the contact.  This is the only contact that this is happening with and they said I am the only one of their contacts having this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the helpful details, ambermatthew. Let's continue to dig into this. Have you both attempted to erase your full message thread and start a new thread? Are you sharing the same Apple ID? Were there any changes to the either device when this started such as new apps or updates? 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes