Trade In issue
beanravin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am beyond frustrated! Like so many others on this board, I have been unable to get my promotion honored by Verizon. I attempted to take advantage of the $579.99 trade in promotion for an iPhone 12. The purchase process and in store pick up were easy but that is as far as I've gotten. First, the trade in mailer was sent to the wrong address. We reached out to get a new one sent to the correct address. It never came. We reached out again. Still nothing came. Finally after a third time, I was emailed a shipping label. After all of that, Verizon finally received the trade in only to give me a $67 credit, a far cry from what I was expecting. I spent a lot of time on chat attempting to get this issue resolved, and I was assured by the representative, "Kelly," that it would be. The chat ended in me being told to call someone else. I called the someone else, "Brian," who seemed like he cared and genuinely wanted to help. He even knew what my issue was before I even stated it; that tells you something about this promotion...

After spending almost an hour on the phone with "Brian," I was told that my claim had been submitted and that I would hear back from him on Saturday (I had called on Wednesday). Two Saturdays have come and gone and I still have not heard back from "Brian" or anyone else at Verizon. I was truly hopeful that this would have been the only contact I would have to make. Silly me. Absolutely NOTHING with Verizon customer service is ever easy. I have wasted so many hours trying to get different issues resolved.

Please, Verizon, honor your promotional offer. I would never pay that much money for a phone. I was so excited to finally have a great offer from Verizon for existing customers. However, I knew it was going to be a hassle to complete the transaction, and here we are. I have started researching other carrier options. After almost 18 years of loyalty to Verizon, I am tired.

Re: Trade In issue
big0

I just spent over 5 hours on "Chat" for a trade in offer and unlimited data upgrade offer for a new S21+5G.  Promises and figures ended up favorable, but the "cart" showed full retail price for the new phone...NOT the promised discounted value.  When I pointed that out to the first CHAT REP, the chat disconnected.  So I had to re-log into my Verizon account and start over with a new CHAT REP, she said the CHATs are not saved so I had to start over with her.  So, I did but she apparently was not aware of any promotions and then again I was disconnected from the CHAT.  Ah, so I started all over with a third REP, he could not find the promotion, and kept trying to sell a premium unlimited upgrade.  I recited several times I just wanted the "deal" from the first rep and did not want to be disconnected.  He said most likely I was disconnected because I took to long to respond and said every 40 to 60 seconds I should type something which I then did even though he disappeared for much longer periods of time to respond so I just typed in something even when waiting for him.  Finally, he came back with the earlier offer from the first rep, but would not put it in writing, nor did he put it into the cart for review.  What he put in Chat writing was the payment of the full retail value over 24 months, not the promotional deal.  Basically, he said to trust him and directed me to a payment link saying I had until midnight (2 hrs away) to pay  or the promotion goes away.  19 years a customer! So, I guess I will be switching to another company.  

0 Likes
Re: Trade In issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@big0

I am so sorry to learn of the recent problems you experienced with purchasing this new device at the original promotional pricing and for the problems you experienced with our online chat team. Please know that we do value your loyalty to our company, and we'd never want to lose you as a loyal customer over this. Allow me to help.

What was the exact promotion you were originally offered, and where did you see this promotional offer? Is this new device being purchased for a new line of service, or is this an upgrade to an existing line?

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes