Trade-In Scam
mbrasseau

I purchase two iPhone 5s - one for myself and one for my daughter, with the agreement that I would get $200 credit for trading in EACH of our old smart phones. A week later I received the codes to obtain the credit.  4 or 5 times I have attempted to go online and input the codes to get my credits. Each time it gets me right to the last page and then defaults to an error screen.  Today I attempted one last time, and the website just kept hanging up, and stalling. I decided to try it on my iPhone, and it does not show the field to input the codes and tried to process my credit for only $1.  I am beginning to think this credit thing is a scam.   I have screen-shots of the error messages, AND where it was going to give me the $200 credit.  This is bait and switch, and it is outrageous!  If I do not get this resolved immediately I will contact an attorney.  I am not playing around!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trade-In Scam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello mbrasseau,

I definitely want you to be able to get the credits that were promised to you when you activated. I can assure you we do have many customers who have taken advantage of the discount, and we are committed to helping you do the same. Can you share the exact error you are getting when you try to do this from your computer? Have you had the opportunity to try it from another computer, or a different browser on your computer? Please provide some additional details, and we'll work to help you resolve this.

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lacksidaisy

It's not a scam when the trade-in value promotion is bonafide (I have been a Verizon customer since June of this year and I was able to get a substantial trade-in amount). If the codes were not sucessfully working online, have you contacted the Trade In Department to see if they were able to assist you with the codes you're unable to punch in?

0 Likes
sam_libby08

Hey, I'm new to all this stuff. All I'm looking for is for somebody to help me with an issue my friend & I r having with her Samsung Galaxy S4. Do u know where I can go or anything like that for help?

0 Likes
lacksidaisy

Hey there! Did you purchase the phones online or in a corporate location? I have heard that with trade-ins, they take four to six weeks to process. Something that I also heard of as well is that if you go through online, you would get an electronic gift card with the trade-in value of the phone. But when I went to a corporate location, they took the trade-in amount and placed it on my account about four weeks into getting my service.

0 Likes
mbrasseau

The code went in fine. It is the processing of the final step that stalled. Repeatedly. Like it was designed/programmed to do that.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
mbrasseau

I will be going to the location that I bought it tomorrow and will update.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
sam_libby08

How does that help me??

0 Likes
lacksidaisy

Very cool! I would love to hear how it goes for you.

0 Likes
mbrasseau

You replied to my message... You would need to start a separate discussion.

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes