Trade in issue
SHelz28
Enthusiast - Level 2

In June I was told by a Verizon representative that I qualified for a $800 Trade in credit for an Iphone 11. After 3 weeks of the trade in box not showing up- I contacted Verizon to get a replacement box sent. I was assured during this time again that once the trade in was received the promotional credit would be applied to the line. 

After waiting until the end of August- I was told that it was to soon and that the promotional credit would take 2-3 billing cycles before I saw it. 

I called again in September after 2-3 billing cycle and was told that there was no record of the promotional credit for the line- A ticket was submitted for the $800 credit and I was again told to wait 3 weeks for the resolution of the ticket. 

4 weeks later we are now in early October and I was told the the ticket was still being processed but that I should "Rest assure" the credit will be there when the new bill shows up on Oct 29th. 

Now it is Nov 11th and I was told by Verizon today that I did not qualify for the credit. They only gave $140 for the Iphone 11 I traded in and we would not have traded in the phone or upgraded if it hadn't been for a VERIZON REPRESENTATIVE telling us that we qualified for the credit. We are long time customers with multiple phones on the account. I am looking at moving my business elsewhere as now I am stuck with this monthly phone payment with no resolutions from Verizon. I have always stood by Verizon but this has been the absolute worst customer service I have ever experienced. This whole thing has been a way to get me to upgrade my device. UNACCEPTABLE VERIZON.

Re: Trade in issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sorry to learn that you are having trouble with the Trade In. This is certainly not the experience we want anyone to have. What phone did you trade in? Do you have the return tracking information?

-Tionna

0 Likes
SHelz28
Enthusiast - Level 2

Iphone 11 128GB black. I have all information on Verizon receiving the device. They will not issue the $800 credit. 

0 Likes
SHelz28
Enthusiast - Level 2

Here’s my point exactly- Verizon acts like they care about the customers. But then you get no response after they ask questions. Nothing ever gets resolved. I will be switching to Tmobile

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to get your Trade in concerns resolved. Let us help! Do you have the tracking information for your trade in?

*Haley

0 Likes
SHelz28
Enthusiast - Level 2

For the 2nd time- yes I have the tracking information. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sending a PM to assist you further.

-Sean

0 Likes
TraceyAnd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same exact thing happened to me. Upgraded because Verizon representative told me about the $800 trade in promotion, but in reality Verizon only gave me $85 credit for my old Iphone.  I would have kept it as a backup phone since it worked just fine. They cited battery life as the reason, but they’ll just slap a new battery in it and sell it for $800+. Super shady business practices. I recommend reporting your experience to the BBB. 

0 Likes
UDFlyer
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you get your credit resolved with Verizon?  We are facing the same issue currently and have written proof from a Verizon representative saying our package was delivered within the 30 day window as well as the UPS delivery receipt.  Here we are 6 months later and I keep getting the run around on when the credits will be applied!  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello UDflyer. We would love to look into this with you. What promotion were you refering to? Where did you trade in your devices at?-Joe

0 Likes