I recently did a trade in for my wife of her older iPhone xr to get her a new iPhone and I had her number ported in from us cellular, the trade in estimate was for $800. I did it all via the verizon app on my phone, I entered all the information for her phone trade in as instructed the only thing I was unsure of was the IMEI number for it as there was two one said virtul IMEI I think. I was worried about her not being able to use her current phone while we waited for her new iPhone as it was back ordered and said it wouldn't arrive for almost a month. We eventually got it, sooner than they estimated which was nice, so I reset her old phone and removed the sim card as they say to do in the trade in instructions and shipped it. Finally after they said they received it and valued the trade in they said "a different device was received than expected" and the trade in value was $134, just to mention the phone was in great shape when shipped no cracks in the screen or battery problems. Unless someone at UPS opened the box and took the phone out and put a different one in, which I highly doubt, they received the phone that I said I was trading in. I saw a number of other people that had problems with this "bait and switch" that they have been pulling and wondered if anyone has had any results getting it resolved. I myself am contemplating switching us both back to us cellular which I am reluctant to do as I have enjoyed verizon for over a decade of being a loyal customer but am extremely disappointed with them at this point.
My problem has been resolved thanks to the excellent work of Andrew. The issue arose from my wrongdoing in the trade in process and was no fault of Verizon. I tried to find a way to delete my post, so I don't mislead any current or future customers, but was unable to find a way. Thanks again Andrew for the superior customer service that you provide.