Trade-in tool changes IMEI
lookingforanswers-yes

Hi there,

I entered 2 trade-ins for Apple phones in the online tool and both email receipts have a completely different IMEI than I originally entered and the one on the phone 'About' screen. Will this be an issue for trade in? The phones were originally purchased through T Mobile.

I tried to cancel and resubmit the trade-ins to correct the IMEI but it was changed again (to yet another number), so I can't fix this on my end. I'm concerned I will not be received credit if it's deemed I didn't send in the correct devices.

Please advise. I have not sent the phones in yet.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Trade-in tool changes IMEI
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for those additional details. Please get in touch with our trade in department at, 800-416-8894. They are available Monday-Friday 7:00AM - 9:00PM Local Time and Saturday-Sunday 8:00AM - 9:00PM Local Time. They will be able to assist you with getting that corrected.

*Ellisandra

View solution in original post

0 Likes
lookingforanswers-yes

And I can add that the phones are T Mobile phones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@lookinforanswers-yes ,

Trading in your phones within the required time is always going to be important, so do not wait too long to do so. When you trade in a device, there will always be an expected/initial appraised value, and then a final/adjusted value after the phones have been received. Are the make/model and memory/color of the phones correct? Is it just the last digit of the IMEI that is different, or all numbers? -Russell

0 Likes
lookingforanswers-yes

All the numbers for 2 of the 3 phones I need to send in are completely different in the email receipts connected to the Trade In order. The make/model/memory are correct.

0 Likes
lookingforanswers-yes

Should I try correcting the numbers through the trade in tool? I'm not sure how I correct this since it's not the numbers I entered in the first place.

0 Likes
lookingforanswers-yes

So, I've tried to resubmit the trade-in and that's not possible. Is there anyone I can speak with or email with to correct the IMEI's for the Trade In order? This is really starting to upset me. I've spent hours trying to figure out how to correct this and keep getting logged out of Verizon.com and bounced around.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lookingforanswers-yes, we know it is important to have the correct trade information. Do you have a submission ID for the trades you submitted? *Joshua

0 Likes
lookingforanswers-yes

Yes, I do. Thank you so much for helping me! I really appreciate it. 😀

Here are the details for the 2 trade-ins where the IMEI on my email receipt was changed from what I input into the trade-in tool, also including the screenshots with the full details:

iPhone 8 64GB- Gold
Submission ID: 228701473268603
Order number: 27828368
Submission date: 08-13-21
Make/model: Apple/Apple® iPhone® 8 64GB in Gold (A1863)
Correct IMEI: 

iPhone 8plus 64GB - Silver
Submission ID: 230975851644761
Order number: 27828035
Submission date: 08-13-21
Make/model:Apple/Apple® iPhone® 8 Plus 64GB Silver (A1864)
Correct IMEI: 356771089012005

order-27828035-verizon-tradein-iPhone8plus.pngorder-27828368-verizon-tradein-iPhone8.png

0 Likes
lookingforanswers-yes

@vzw_customer_support  Forgot to tag you in my reply - it'd be great if someone could help me get these IMEIs on my trade-in orders corrected. Thanks again!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is for your trade in to run smoothly. I checked hte Device ID and it i showing that it was canelled? Did you end up cancelling the trade in and resubmitting it?

*Ellisandra

0 Likes