Trade-in
SDFFPM
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello anyone,

I just traded in my iPhone 5 and was told it was valued at $400.  I sent it in and signed a brand new contract with Verizon.  Low and behold after I signed the contract and sent my phone in, now it is only valued at $42.00.  Now apparently there is no recourse or a way for me to get back my phone that was working perfectly fine before I put it in the box.  Does anyone have any help or did I just get scammed by Verizon and should consider moving to a new provider.  I can't believe that after almost 20 years of loyal dedication to Verizon, I get treated like this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Trade-in
Denhani_Loves_Dogs
Contributor - Level 1

If you were offered $400 trade in for your iPhone 5, that sounds like you must have purchased the new phone during the iPhone 7 rollout during September and October.    If that is what happened, you should be able to call customer Care at 800-922-0204 and tell them the exact date that you purchased your phone and ask them to please credit you with the correct trade in value.     The trade in values are often tied to the specific date that you purchase the phone, so it always helps to give very specific and thorough details when you call for a resolution to your problem.  

0 Likes
SDFFPM
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, this phone was part of the trade in deal in October for an iPhone7.  Thank you for the suggestion.  Of course this will take hours on the phone.  I feel like this is Verizon's scam, hoping that you don't take the time to get your money.  Very frustrating to be a loyal customer for 20 years and to be treated this way.  vzw_customer_support

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the trade in discrepancy and I'm here to help because I know your time is valuable. Let's look into this, I will be sending you a Direct Message momentarily.

AyaniB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes