UPS LOST MY TRADE-IN IPHONE BUT THE SENDER IS VERIZON AND I CAN T BE REIMBOURSED
tawilliams1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Looks like I have fallen victim to this issue as well. Two new iPhone and two new Apple watches were purchased in person at a retail store on 4/9/22 and both trade in phones and both trade in watches were sent on 4/11/22. According to the UPS tracking they made it to Mesquite TX and that was the last tracking info. I have spent countless hours in chat sessions and phone calls with Verizon and UPS. My next stop is the BBB, my trade in's were worth nearly $2000 and we would have never purchased new devices had it no been for the trade-ins. Been with verizon for a long time and this may be the last straw.

0 Likes
Re: UPS LOST MY TRADE-IN IPHONE BUT THE SENDER IS VERIZON AND I CAN T BE REIMBOURSED
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@tawilliams1 , I know that even when I shop for new phones that I rely on our trade-in program for the best deal as well, tawilliams1. I would be just as upset if I had done everything I was supposed to for the package to last be scanned in Mesquite, TX. We definitely want to get a closer look at this and see what we can do to help turn this experience around. I've sent you a private note in addition to this reply. Please let me know once you've received it, and we will continue there.-Joseph

0 Likes
Re: UPS LOST MY TRADE-IN IPHONE BUT THE SENDER IS VERIZON AND I CAN T BE REIMBOURSED
tawilliams1
Enthusiast - Level 1

received and replied to your message.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, tawilliams! This is certainly not the experience we want you to have! Our goal is to help you in the best way possible. Can you please elaborate more? Was this for an upgrade or an insurance claim? ~Rachel

0 Likes
kmhartman86

I am having the same issue, we just noticed the bill was $50 dollars more than normal since November 2021. I shipped back the iPhone and my wife has been playing tag with Verizon. First she reached out and was told it would be resolved within two billing cycles then today she reaches out again and they were unable to do anything without the UPS tracking number that they provide or the IMEI number of the iPhone 12 Pro Max. Oddly enough I jumped on a live chat with a rep and did some Googling, come to find out this has been a common issue the past year and I was able to get the tracking number. But since it is well past 120 days, the UPS website doesn't show anything. So I assume they might be able to do some black magic voodoo to figure it out. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that there aren't any unresolved issues and that everything is as it should be, kmhartman86. How was the conversation left off when chatting if you don't mind? Looking forward to hearing back.

-Chris

0 Likes
kmhartman86

Currently, in the live chat, I was asked who I was proving that the device was turned into. Which I stated it was being sent back to Verizon. I think the rep was shocked. All in all, the issue still remains. 

0 Likes
kmhartman86

Well the live chat messed up I was able to copy the messages. Please direct message me so we can get this issue resolved. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Making sure I have the details needed for a lost package is vital. I will be more than happy to assist. Please share with me did you file a claim with UPS?

-Rodney

0 Likes
AMM7
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am going through the same thing. Why are so many people having the same issue. 

I upgraded to a new iPhone online and was told that they would send me the box to send back the trade in. My gut told me something was going to go wrong when they sent me three boxes all with separate labels. I sent the phone back in one of the boxes and threw the other two away.

Now, almost two months later, I get a text message from Verizon saying that they are revoking the credit and the new bill is going to literally six times more that my regular monthly billing is! 

The phone should have gotten to them long ago. I put a return item for another store (Land's End) in the same UPS mailbox I put the trade in phone. I received a confirmation that Land's End received the package I sent to them within four days so I know the issue is not that someone forgot to check the UPS mailbox.

I called a Verizon rep Saturday and she of course told me to call UPS. I asked her to call me back today (Tuesday) so that I could tell her what UPS says. Instead of getting a callback like I requested, I received a text message saying "We've completed your request for support request number xxxxxxxxxxx". When I clicked the link in the text I received a message that the issue was resolved. "Reason": Shop, "Relating to": Trade-in, and "Status": Resolved. I received no callback.

So, I'm thinking great, they found the phone and will keep the trade-in credit on my account and they probably aren't going to call be back because they found the phone. But something in my gut told me to call Verizon to make absolute sure. When I called, I was connected to the rudest agent. She kept talking over me, would not listen to what my issue was, and kept cutting me off while I was trying to explain. She claimed the the text meant that the support issue from Saturday's call was closed out. But how when the first agent never called me back?? Then when I told her about the message on my account saying resolved, she argued with me that none of the links in the messages Verizon sent to me said resolved. Then what is this? 

IMG_0696.jpg

I bet this has something to do with the three boxes they sent me. They are probably tracking one of the boxes that I threw away. I bet my phone is somewhere lost in their facility. No way my other package got to it's destination weeks ago but the box I sent to Verizon somehow didn't make it there. It doesn't seem like customer service agents want to help resolve this and it's annoying. 

0 Likes