Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UPS lost my trade-in, now i'm on the hook for it?
SMillender

There is a different thread on this but it was locked.

Upgraded my wife's iPhone a couple months back, I dutifully wiped and shipped the old device back via UPS. A few weeks go by and I start getting nasty e-mails and texts from Verizon wondering about the phone's whereabouts and to make sure I get it shipped back or they're going to charge me for the balance. 

I looked at the UPS tracking information and it says it was damaged and undelivered. I called UPS, tried to get them to resolve it but was told that the shipper, Verizon, had already made a claim on the package and I could do no more. 

I've been a few hours through the phone support system. One person went so far as to give me a case number and promise to let me know in 24-48 hours. That was last week, the only communication I've gotten from Verizon is a $700 cell phone bill.

I'm currently deployed overseas, so communications are spotty. I couldn't even get the chat to work without disconnecting me. If someone could reach out that'd be great. Otherwise, AT&T is just a phone call away (and has better service on the base I just moved to!)

0 Likes
Re: UPS lost my trade-in, now i'm on the hook for it?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us today on our Social Media Platform. I'm disappointed to learn that you have had to go through so much regarding your trade-in. We'd love to do some research and get to the bottom of this for you. Please send us a Private Message for further assistance! We're looking forward to working with you!

*Kayshawna

0 Likes