UPS lost my trade in
Daniel888
Enthusiast - Level 2

Help. I've called Verizon and chatted with them in their online chat.  I'm not given any information and simply told they've escalated. I don't know what this means.  Im a customer of over 20 years and now when I have an issue, no answers.  

I bought a new iPhone and traded in my old iPhone XR.  The trade in value was great.  I used the pre paid UPS label to send my trade in phone back.   I took a picture of the box as I dropped it off.  The box was scanned by UPS.  Now it says the package is damaged and can't be delivered.  It appears UPS damaged it and discarded it.  I tried UPS and they won't talk to me.  I'm not the shipper.  Verizon removed the promo credit and I'm at a loss.  Chat agent just said "don't worry, it's documented on your account.". This isnt helpful and provides no resolution, after they ignored me.  Phone agent says it's been escalated.  That was last week.  Now what?  What am I supposed to do?  

Re: UPS lost my trade in
JKISF
Enthusiast - Level 1

Was this ever resolved? I am having the same issue, no one wants to take responsibility lesson learned never use the prepaid shipping label. 

Salzo
Enthusiast - Level 2
Spoiler
Same problem here. I cannot get a human being at Verizon. The package is gone. UPS cannot track it because it was apparently stolen/lost in the dropbox itself! Can someone from VERIZON please call me so we can deal with this? I was on hold 3 - no lie - 3 hours yesterday and finally gave up. 
0 Likes
caitlin3410
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue.  $579.99 down the drain... and they say "oh we'll take care of it..." then at the end of the chat they say, "no tracking, terrible to be you" and end chat.  I am livid.  Please if anyone is starting a class action lawsuit, add me to the list.  Ridiculous.

0 Likes
Csalas2790
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve recently had same issue. I had two trade in devices and Verizon only received one and the other is missing in action. I’m not sure of what to do anymore, I’ve spoken with different representatives and have received no results. Why should I who has been a valued customer with Verizon with quite sometime suffer for the mistake UPS has done on their part. This is very unprofessional.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Csalas2790 We appreciate your loyalty and want to make sure you get the credit for your devices. Do you have both tracking numbers for the returns? -Dolores

0 Likes
Tjs28
Enthusiast - Level 1

Can you look into mine? Very odd that this is happening to so many people.. *sarcasm*

tsfuller863
Enthusiast - Level 1

Add me to the list of people experiencing this problem. Also a long-time Verizon customer (17 years). Trade-in iPhone shipped in early October from a UPS store. UPS tracking reports it as damaged 5 days later, and gives no further info. 

Meanwhile, no credit on my bill. Two calls in November to Customer service were long on appeasement, and short on results. The first agent took my tracking number, and filed a ticket number, but no credit. The second two weeks later assured me the credit would appear on upcoming bills. I even checked the next month's bill preview in my account info, and the agent was right: the credit was issued. But then when the bill arrived, the credit had been removed.

This last customer service encounter is particularly maddening: it would appear someone used my tracking number to investigate and issued me the proper credit -- and some else overruled and removed it. What an appalling way to treat a long time customer.

Dolores -- or any other customer service rep monitoring this -- can you also investigate my case? Yes, I can provide a tracking number.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Tjs28, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Making sure your device trade-in makes it to our warehouse is important. Have you filed a claim with UPS? May we have the shipping tracking number?  -Sylvia

0 Likes
jeverglade
Enthusiast - Level 1

UPS will not allow the customer to make a claim

It is Verizons responsibility