UPS tracking number non existent after dropping off phone return
sbsilvers
Enthusiast - Level 2

I bought a new phone in December 24, 2021 and sent in  my trade via the box and UPS shipping label that was provided to me on December 31, 2021.  I dropped my box into the local UPS drop box and it has since disappeared off the face of the earth.  The tracking number is nonexistent.  My "credit" for the new phone has dropped, as the old phone never showed up as "returned" to Verizon.  UPS will not file a claim, because Verizon is the shipper.  I spoke online with a Verizon rep, who supposedly filed a claim, but I have not heard anything nor was I given a claim number.  

It seems that this is a recurring problem with UPS and Verizon and, as a customer of over 20 years, I'm extremely disappointed.  I'm out the trade in credit and my old phone.  I'd like to know what steps I can take to rectify this and what steps Verizon will be taking.  It's unacceptable.

0 Likes
Re: UPS tracking number non existent after dropping off phone return
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your long time loyalty means the world to us, and we want to do everything possible to provide you a solution. We understand how inconvenient this can be. We have sent a Private Note. Please meet us there to better assist you.

~Gina

0 Likes
Re: UPS tracking number non existent after dropping off phone return
sbsilvers
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, no one at Verizon seems to want to help with this, as everyone else seems to have agreed.  They do their "investigation" and it ends there.  No phone, no credit for returned phone that is lost in the UPS system.  Beyond ridiculous