US Cellular Phone
mlough92

Has anyone kept their US cellular iPhone with Verizon and had issues? I transferred from US cellular to Verizon and choose to keep my phone. Ever since iv been getting complaints from people that when they call it goes straight to voicemail even though my phone is on and in my hand. Iv even had people call my phone 4 or 5 times when I'm standing right next to them and IT NEVER RINGS ON MY END. It rings on their end 3 or 4 times and then goes to voicemail. I'm missing about half my calls. Getting loads of voicemails because my phone never rings. My Co workers are getting so used to it that they text me asking me to call them, because they know their call wont go through. I have called Verizon support multiple times when I first switched, something about them having to manually add my phone to their database? And let me tell you that was a NIGHTMARE. Trying to avoid wasting another 20 hours of my life with Verizon technical support. Any advice? my boss is starting to get agitated

-Michelle

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: US Cellular Phone
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Well, if the phone isn't compatible with the network this may happen. However, I would suspect you have the Do Not Disturb setting enabled and are unaware.

Check that setting and report back.

0 Likes
mlough92

I don't have the DND setting enabled, but good thought. Device has to be

compatible with network because I do get some phone calls. Any other

thoughts?

On Thu, May 11, 2017 at 4:11 PM, sprmankalel <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

My next piece of advice is to trade it on and get a device that VZW has certified to work on their network. The USA is not like European countries where you can just buy a phone and pop in a SIM card for it to work. Each carrier has their own bandwidth and connectivity settings. Until that changes your best bet is to ALWAYS use a device certified by the network in order to receive proper connectivity.

0 Likes