Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unable to activate used iPhone 4s?
KAM91

Hello. I have been trying for several days to activate a friends used iPhone 4s because I dropped and shattered my Galaxy. This is and only has been a Verizon phone. I spent two hours at a store and then another 1.5 hours on the phone myself with customer service. After numerous resets, attempts to acivate with itunes, etc whenever I dial *228, I get an error message and no one seems to know why. This iphone is registered on verizon's website on my account and yet I still can't activate it and use it. I am absolutely fed up with Verizon at this point. This is clearly a software problem on their end and I refuse to let them tell me this phone is useless. I have a perfectly functional iphone that no one can figure out why it's not able to activate and instead keep trying to sell me something. The IMEI is supposedly fine, however the network says unavailable and the carrier is listed as vf nl 18.0. Can anyone offer any insight to this problem? Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to activate used iPhone 4s?
winterbaby18

Are you doing *228 option 1 or *228 option 2?  Was the iPhone factory reset before they gave it to you?

0 Likes