Unable to set emergency contact in Medical ID
Barboh
Enthusiast - Level 3

While trying to set up my Medical ID for emergency contacts, the list of contacts it opened, several of my contacts were "grayed out".  Including my emergency contact.  I could not find a common connection between the people it locked out.  So, I checked on my iPhone 5S, and the people I had previously set were there, but trying to add another one, I got the same reaction as my 6S Plus.

Does anyone know if this was from one of the 9+ updates ?   If not, could somebody out there help me with this?

Thank you

Barb Morris

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to set emergency contact in Medical ID
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We can definitely help you with this. Have you performed a soft reset since you updated your software? You can do this by pressing and holding down the Power and Home buttons simultaneously. You will then see a meesage to turn off the device at the top of the screen, which you will swipe. Then, wait for your device to power back on. Please let us know wehter or not this resolves the issue so we can continue to assist you, if necessary.

DeannaL_VZW
Vlow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
Imy response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

I just checked mine and I'm not having any issues updating mine. Also checked my mothers phone since hers never had it set up. No issues there either. Both devices have the latest iOS update. Perhaps contacting Apple Support might help figure out what's going on? There are some odd quirks that randomly seem to occur since some of the last iOS updates so this may be one. The only issue I have had is iCloud not allowing me delete an incomplete backup yet it continues to take up most of my backup space. Apple was not able to figure that one out or delete it so it's a frustrating issue. Hopefully your issue isn't as difficult to figure out

0 Likes
Barboh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thank you for the response.  I tried the soft boot twice but it didn't help.  It just seems very odd that when I check contacts in my phone and just the contact list on the touch screen, they both open with nothing abnormal.  Only when I try to set my medical emergency contact do I have this problem. 

I'll stop by mt Verizon store and see if they can figure it out.  I will also contact Apple support directly instead of using the community forum.

Thanks again

Barb Morris

0 Likes
Barboh
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hi kaebfly

Thank you for your response.  I tried the soft boot on my phone, but it didn't help. I have just spent almost an hour going over every setting on my phone and they were all fine.  But still, I have no problems with my contacts showing up and having access to them except for the emergency contact list.

I'll be going to a Verizon store anyway to return (if I can) this really bad rugged case I got for the phone. It is really bad!  Now that LifeProof has one for the 6S Plus, I will most likely get one. I have it on my 5S and it's been awesome.

I will also contact Apple support directly if I don't get an answer soon.

Thanks again

Barb M.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Hope you're able to get it figured out. You might also want to check the Apple Support forums on their website to see if any fellow iPhone users have had the same issue. Wish I knew more but it's just not an issue I've ever run into so I can't recreate it on any of my iPhones.

0 Likes