Unable to text one contact
Alexa_c

I have an iPhone 5 (Verizon). He has a android (t-mobile). We have exchanged texts in the past but I can no longer send a text to him. He is able to send them to me and I receive them. I can send them to him without getting an error message but he never received them.

We can make phone calls to one another. (Both can call and they go through).

I've called Verizon tech support and there has never been a block on his number. I've also checked the iPhone blocks and his number isn't in the block list.

He's called t-mobile, there is no block on my number either.

I've deleted the number out of both phones, added a +1 to both contacts and still nothing works.

Anyone have any suggestions??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Unable to text one contact
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Maybe delete him from your phone and have him send you a text, from his text save his information as a new contact and see if that works. Are you using Message+?

0 Likes
Alexa_c

I'm using iMessage.

I've deleted the contact and tried to re save the number.

I recently deleted the thread too.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Androids don't have iMessage.

0 Likes
Alexa_c

He uses a normal message sender. Whatever came with the phone.

I use iMessage, sorry.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Try to text him using your Message+ app, does he receive it? Androids don't have iMessage and from what I'm reading that means he can't receive your messages. You're receiving his because of the way you've set up your iPhone I imagine.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Do other people without iMessage on android devices get your texts? Or do they also have iPhones?

0 Likes
Alexa_c

Sorry I'm confused. Message+?

I can text other contacts in my phone that aren't using iMessage.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Verizon uses Message+ as their standard messaging service. My understanding iMessage is an iPhone app you can use for sending text, though you don't have to use it if you want to use whatever came on the phone, meaning it's optional to use.

Are the other contacts that aren't using iMessage still using iPhones though?

0 Likes
Alexa_c

The other phones are not iPhones

0 Likes