Up until today i used to have a 4 digit password to activate my i-phone.
Durzel1951

Today i had my new i-phone 6S activitated and suddenly it is asking for a 6 digit password.

I have no clue as to what that could be?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Up until today i used to have a 4 digit password to activate my i-phone.
SimplySweetFace
Enthusiast - Level 3

It can be changed back to 4 digits. I have a 6s and changed it from 6 digits back to 4 digits. Just go into "Touch ID/Passcode".

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

iOS 9 has changed the passcode from 4 to 6. If you had restored your backup it would have retained your 4 code passcode.

0 Likes
BrownSugar67
Contributor - Level 3

If you have the 6s yes it's been changed but not on the 6 models

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

On the 6 models if you later decide to change your code I believe it will force you to change to a 6 pin code. Again, this is what came with iOS 9. If you already had a 4 pin code you will continue to have it until you decide to change it. That is my understanding from reading the materials for iOS 9. I haven't tested to be sure because I don't want to change my pin to a 6 digit code.

0 Likes
SimplySweetFace
Enthusiast - Level 3

It can be changed back to 4 digits. I have a 6s and changed it from 6 digits back to 4 digits. Just go into "Touch ID/Passcode".

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Durzel1951, let's work together so you can still retain your 4 digit password. Are you able to get beyond the lockscreen? If you are able to get past the lockscreen, please go to Settings>Touch ID & Passcode>Change Passcode>Tap on Passcode Options>Select 4-Digit Numeric Code.
ZangY_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes