Updated to 9.3.1 now loosing voice signal
sksmiles
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ever since I updated to 9.3.1 I get searching for signal and can only use my phone on WiFi. I have turned on the WiFi calling but I should not have to use WiFi for my calls and I am not always near a WiFi signal. I have done a few network resets and a restore with the same issue. Anyone else have this issue and if so have you found a fix for it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Updated to 9.3.1 now loosing voice signal
sksmiles
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since no troubleshooting has worked I went to the Apple Store last night they knew exactly what I was talking about and gave me a new phone free of charge!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Sk09
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@sksmiles
Software update are designed to improve the p[performance of the device not to decrease it. Let’s work on this When did you do the update? What is your zip code?

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Turn off your phone, remove the SIM Card, then turn it back on. Once it's back, go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. When the phone reboots, it should reset the carrier settings on the device. Re-insert your SIM Card while the phone is turned on, and check to see if it get service.

If it does not, check to see if you have the option to make adjustments to the phone's APN settings. If you do, reset the APN settings to the default.

APN settings KB from Apple: About cellular data network settings on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

If that doesn't work, stop by a Verizon Wireless store, and pick up a new SIM Card. They should be free so long as you stop by a corporate store.

0 Likes
sksmiles
Enthusiast - Level 3

The update was done about a month ago now. Zip is 85298 and yes great coverage not outages because no one else I know is having this issue. It is getting frustrating to say the least!

I have restored all network settings restored the phone to new iphone checked all settings on the phone nothing is working!

0 Likes
sksmiles
Enthusiast - Level 3

none of that worked

0 Likes
sksmiles
Enthusiast - Level 3

Have you been able to correct the issue as of yet?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sksmiles,

We appreciate the information provided. Let's keep working toward a resolution to see what's going on. Were you able to stop in the store for a new SIM card as well? Also does this happen indoors/outdoors?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sksmiles
Enthusiast - Level 3

New sim still same stuff different day and happens everywhere I go

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sksmiles,

Thanks for keeping us posted. We appreciate you giving that a shot. We can try to reset the device and restore as new to allow the update to reinstall and see if that will resolve the issue. You can see how to reset the device and back up here https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204686.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes