Re: Updated to 9.3.1 now loosing voice signal
sksmiles
Enthusiast - Level 3

Are you seriously asking me this question? You may want to read the previous posts!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important this is for you and we want to ensure your device gets working again. What model of iPhone do you have? What steps did you take when you restored the phone to new?

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sksmiles
Enthusiast - Level 3

well lets see it is an iPhone 6 and I went into the settings in my phone to erase it! I also tried from itunes! Any more dumb questions guys?

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

9.3.2 is out now. 

sksmiles
Enthusiast - Level 3

Finally Thank you Weth hopefully the update fixes the issue

0 Likes
sksmiles
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well I am now on 9.3.2 and it worked for a couple hours and right back to the same crap!!!!!!!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

This is not something being seen with iPhone upgrades to 9.3.1.  It is beginning to look more like a hardware issue.  Do you have an Apple Store near you?  Do you get signal anywhere?  

0 Likes
sksmiles
Enthusiast - Level 3

umm do you work for vzw or apple? Are you just going off of this thread and not the whole internet? So you are saying that I am the only one with this issue and the person that replied to my post saying they were having the same issue after they updated the software is all an imagination? It must be coincidence that a couple hours after the update of 9.3.1 that my hardware in my phone starts having issues? hmmmmm I would like more details on how you got to that conclusion please.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I Realize this us the Internet and relatively anonymous, but just try to be a little friendly. 

Anyway, it is not a common problem, but some searching finds there is definitely some people with different Apple devices where 9.3 and above gives the searching for signal problem. Some have bee doing what I paste below to restore service, however  for some it returns.  I stand corrected, it does appear to be software related for a small number of different I-devices.  Only reliable temporary fix is:

1 Go to settings and turn cellular (mobile) data OFF.

2 Turn Airplane mode ON.

3  Power off iPhone

4 Wait about a minute. (Not sure if this is absolutely necessary)

5 Power iPhone on.

6 Turn Airplane mode OFF

7 Turn Cellular Data on.

orhers were able to get replacement device which fixed the problem. 

0 Likes
sksmiles
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since no troubleshooting has worked I went to the Apple Store last night they knew exactly what I was talking about and gave me a new phone free of charge!

0 Likes