Updated to iPhone6 from iPhone5 and now I can only get 3G at home where I use to get 4G. I also have a mifi for home use and can get 4G on my computer. Why not on the new iPhone?
lostat38

A month ago both my husband and I upgraded to an iPhone 6 (I had an iPhone5, he had a droid) and now we can only get 3G service at home.  I also have a mifi on the same account and can get 4G on my computer and iPad but only 3G on the phones.  I did get 4G on both of our old phones so don't know why the change.  Our cconnection is much worse.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Updated to iPhone6 from iPhone5 and now I can only get 3G at home where I use to get 4G.  I also have a mifi for home use and can get 4G on my computer.  Why not on the new iPhone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lostat38,

Those are amazing phones and we want you to be able to love them as much as your other devices. Anything slower than 4G is just not fun to experience at all. It's certainly sounding like there may be something going with your new phones since your other devices get 4G just fine. I'd just like to double check your expected coverage to verify this. What zip code are you in? If you go to Settings>Cellular>Enable LTE is it set to off by chance? If so, set it to Data Only and see if that kick starts the 4G service.

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Updated to iPhone6 from iPhone5 and now I can only get 3G at home where I use to get 4G. I also have a mifi for home use and can get 4G on my computer. Why not on the new iPhone?
lostat38

Hi Sarah,

Zip code is 97487.  We did experience a slow down on the mifi a couple weeks ago but it went back to 4G recently (sometimes it does slow but not often).  My Cellular setting is  Enable LTE for data. 

thanks!

0 Likes
Re: Updated to iPhone6 from iPhone5 and now I can only get 3G at home where I use to get 4G. I also have a mifi for home use and can get 4G on my computer. Why not on the new iPhone?
lostat38

Hi again,

I'm currently not at home but am connected to a wireless network at work, which is very fast but it only shows one dot for strength of service.  Is this a phone issue?

0 Likes
Re: Updated to iPhone6 from iPhone5 and now I can only get 3G at home where I use to get 4G.  I also have a mifi for home use and can get 4G on my computer.  Why not on the new iPhone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lostat38

Great question! This could be a phone issue, however, I want to be sure. What zip code are you in now? Are you experiencing any dropped call or not being able to make/receive calls?

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
lostat38

Zip is 97403 and no issues right now.  It does show LTE when off wireless but still only 1-2 bars.  It does seem fast, just not a strong signal showing.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

The number of bars showing is not really a measure of how good your signal is.

if you have one bar and great service, it's all good.

0 Likes