Upgrade Program is garbage
Faithmerry
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’m sorry but I am so beyond angry right now. Every time I call Verizon, I am given a different story. I’m about to switch to a new network provider because Verizon is not making me happy for what I pay a month. 
I have an iPhone 11 Pro in perfect condition that I want to upgrade under the early upgrade program. It’s 80% paid off and I’ve been told 3 different stories on why I either need to pay it off and upgrade (which defeats the point of an early upgrade program) or pay a $299 down payment. One reason was that my credit limit per device is $1,500 and the phone I was is $1,800 (the only phone Verizon sells that is $1,800 too) BUT - if I pay the $283 off on my iPhone then somehow they will magically wave the $299 and I guess the $1,500 limit per device just goes POOF! as well?!?!  Or the other story I got was that I only was able to do the early upgrade when I was at exactly 50% off, but now that I’m 80% paid off I must pay off the rest of my device. Oh, I’m sorry….nobody told me that at any point! Talk about a game of switcheroo. 
I’m so over this..:time to shop around for a new company, I guess. 

0 Likes
Re: Upgrade Program is garbage
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh, no! Faithmerry, we would never want to lose your preference. We absolutely understand the need for clarity in communication, and we're so sorry to hear that we've given you so much conflicting information. We would love to help turn this experience around, and shed some light on any questions you may have regarding your upgrade options. I'll be sending you a Private Note to better assist.

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
Faithmerry
Enthusiast - Level 2

I replied to your message. Not sure if you got it since the service in my area of San Diego keeps having issues. 

0 Likes
Faithmerry
Enthusiast - Level 2

I truly don’t think I am misunderstanding anything in then terms and conditions of the early upgrade program here. Especially paragraph 4.:

1. Upon entering a device payment agreement for a new qualifying device, and after returning your eligible device to us within 14 days, we agree, for your benefit and for the express benefit of any assignee of your original device payment agreement, to acquire your eligible device for the remaining balance of your original device payment agreement and pay off and settle that remaining balance. After we do that, your only remaining obligations will be under the new device payment agreement and for associated wireless service.”                                               

Why am I being told that I have to pay my device off before I can upgrade when clearly your T&C’s say otherwise?!?!? And why do I need to also pay a $299 down payment PLUS a $35 upgrade fee PLUS taxes?!?’ That’s like $700 just to upgrade!  Your program is misleading. 

0 Likes
Faithmerry
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nobody ever followed up with this….I have not received any replies or messages at all. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your patience with us, Faithmerry. We do apologize for not replying to your Private Message, but we have yet to receive that in reply to our first message. To clarify, the Early Upgrade Program does allow for returning the current device after being paid at least 50% off. Upon the return of the device in good condition, we pay the remaining balance of that Device Payment Plan, which leaves only the new device and Device Payment Plan. You would certainly be able to do this at 80% paid off, though the return will cover exactly the remaining balance owed for it. The down payment would be account-specific, while the Upgrade Fee and sales tax would be very normal with the new device purchase. We hope this helps, and we look forward to providing more accurate information to resolve this situation.

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
Faithmerry
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ummmmm, I have replied to you several times. I don’t know why you aren’t seeing them. 
My issue was never solved and in fact, it was made worse by the fact that a sales member called me and asked me if they could assist me. I went over my issue with her very clearly and she told me I could upgrade for only the cost of the taxes and upgrade fee of $35. In total a cost if about $160. I was driving so I set up a time to call her with my debt card info. Before ending my call, I said to her VERY clearly “Now, I’m not going to call you back and suddenly have a $299 down payment required am I???” To which she replied “Absolutely not.” I clarified this a couple more times with her and was absolutely promised that all I had to pay was the taxes and upgrade fee of $35. 
Whem I called back, there was suddenly a $299 down payment required. 
TOTAL.WASTE.OF.TIME 

AGAIN…Early upgrade plan is garbage. 

0 Likes