Upgrade due in Jan 2017, but I want the Iphone 7Plus
dallas28
Enthusiast - Level 2

What are the Pros and Cons with upgrading now at retail price when the IPhone 7 Plus becomes available in a few days or waiting until Jan 2017 and purchasing at retail price?  Based on my current phone plan it doesn't appear that I gain anything from waiting until January.  I am no longer on the New Every Two plan so I don't get the $100 discount any longer.  What are the advantages of waiting??  I need a phone now, my android is almost a gonner!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgrade due in Jan 2017, but I want the Iphone 7Plus
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to see the latest technology in your hands at the right value. Once eligible to upgrade you can start a device payment agreement where you  pay 24 monthly payments that add up to the full retail value. While on a device payment plan we will offer an added discount off the cost of your monthly plan charges. If you decide to purchase the device now while still under a 2 year contract the same plan discount will kick in once your upgrade date comes in 2017. Also your account will still qualify for a device payment agreement if another new phone comes out that you are interested in since you bought this one up front at retail price. May I also ask what is happening with your current device? What model is it?

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would love to see the latest technology in your hands at the right value. Once eligible to upgrade you can start a device payment agreement where you  pay 24 monthly payments that add up to the full retail value. While on a device payment plan we will offer an added discount off the cost of your monthly plan charges. If you decide to purchase the device now while still under a 2 year contract the same plan discount will kick in once your upgrade date comes in 2017. Also your account will still qualify for a device payment agreement if another new phone comes out that you are interested in since you bought this one up front at retail price. May I also ask what is happening with your current device? What model is it?

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
dallas28
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for responding.  My current device is a Samsung Note 4 Plus. My battery doesn't hold a charge.  I constantly have to keep recharging through out the day.  I was going to invest in a new battery but decided it would be a waste of money.

0 Likes