Upgrade
apesthegrape

Me and mom are due for an upgrade in a couple days and we are trying to go from an iphone 4 to an iphone 6. but we dont want to spend $400 getting the two phones. Are there any buy one get one free deals on the iphone 6 for upgrading customers or can we trade in our phones IN THE STORE and get a discount?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question apesthegrape!

Upgrading is a very exciting time. We would love to get you in some great new devices! I'm sorry there aren't any buy one get one for the iPhone 6 yet. Yes you can trade your devices in at the store. Check out our online specials here: http://bit.ly/zpAY1E

JoeL_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
beentheredonethat
Enthusiast - Level 3

Your best option is to upgrade using Verizon EDGE.  It's their financing program, lots of benefits and it ends up being the cheapest way to upgrade.

Take the full retail price, divide it by 24, that would be your monthly installment but the first one is a few cents more because the retail price doesn't divide evenly by 24.  Sales tax is due upon placing the order.  With EDGE there's no upgrade fee ($40 per line if you upgrade by way of a 2-year contract.)  With EDGE, you get a $25 per line discount if you have a More Everything plan of 6GB or higher, $15 per line if its less than 6GB.  For an iPhone 6 the monthly installment is around $32 (for the 16GB version), less the $25, that's $7 per month you pay with your phone bill.  The sum of payments is about $168.  With a 2-year contract you pay $400 per phone, plus tax, plus $40 per line, putting you all in for about $500-$520 depending on your local sales tax.  You do have to hand in your old smartphone as part of the EDGE offer but you can get around that - Verizon waives the trade-in requirement if the phone on the account is a basic phone.  And with EDGE Verizon is more forgiving on early upgrades, letting you pay off the remaining balance early so that you can upgrade whenever a new phone that you want comes on the market.

BccMCx
Enthusiast - Level 1

You may come off better selling your old phones after you have upgraded. I sell mine on Ebay. When you trade them in you do not get very much for them. Try looking in Groupon.com for a promo code, but theres not a bogo on iphone6 to my knowledge yet...once the iphone 7 comes out, Im sure the iphone 6 will be easier to obtain