Upgrading Phone Preorder Issue
L-C
Enthusiast - Level 1

I placed a pre-order for the new iPhone this morning, but had to cancel it since I needed to update the shipping address. When I went to re-purchase the phone an hour later, I was no longer able to upgrade my line despite receiving confirmation my order is canceled. I spoke to a rep and they said I would have to wait for this to fully process. I'm reading online that it can take days to process. This is so frustrating. It looks like I will purchase from another retailer, such as Apple. Has anyone else had luck with purchasing somewhere else with this situation?

Re: Upgrading Phone Preorder Issue
cosmicbuns
Enthusiast - Level 1

legit having the exact same problem. i preordered at 7am, then realized my account had a bogus shipping address listed in the order, so i got a chat support rep to cancel it. now when i go to try to re-order, it tells me i have a pending order on my account.

there's no pending orders, just the canceled one. hopwever, when i look at my upcoming bill [the next bill, not my current one due], they've added the monthly charges for the new phone's payment plan as well as a bunch of other charges i did not ask for. the support chat reps just keep bouncing me around to different departments, between sales and back to CS, and no one is seeing anything pending on my account, but the issue is still there. this is beyond frustrating and i'm ready to switch carriers if i have to pay a bill for a phone i don't even have.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so sorry to hear of any issues with your pre-order. I do understand the urgency of getting this figured out. Let's take a closer look. A private message has been sent. Please respond as soon as possible.   -Al

0 Likes
mlm17
Enthusiast - Level 2

Exact same thing happened to me, even though the customer service agent who cancelled my original order assured me that I would be able to go back into my account and reorder the phone that I wanted. Really angry, and ready to switch all 5 Verizon lines that I have to another carrier.

0 Likes
danamd89
Enthusiast - Level 3

Having the same issue. I have spoken to over 10 agents...none were able to figure out how to get it removed. Been a customer 15+ yrs, and i will move to a different carrier if its not fixed TODAY. Spent hours on this already

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We don't want to see you leave and I can reassure you that we are here to help. Please authenticate your account to continue. -Lorenzo

0 Likes
danamd89
Enthusiast - Level 3

@vzw_customer_support  Where do I authenticate it?

0 Likes
Prizm
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is ridiculous. This is the exact same garbage I'm going through right now. I've spoken with 6 people over several hours. I cannot accept terms and conditions on my pre-order and the account is on HOLD.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

As a long-time and valued customer of 15+ years, your concerns are always our concerns and we apologize for your inconvenience. We'd certainly regret losing you as our customer and we'd like to continue being your wireless service provider for many more years to come.

We can also see that one of our team members reached out  to you in this forum, recommending that you contact us through our other options (e.g., Facebook Messenger, Twitter, or our Chat services). Let's continue working together by contacting us at http://spr.ly/6600yCEyI.

We'd love to work with you to assist you with your device upgrade and we'll look forward to hearing from you soon. -Robert C.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is a great question. We did send you a private message. Did you receive it? If so please reply to us there and we can send the authentication to review your account. ~Roger

0 Likes