Upgrading Shattered Phone
doubledayemily

Hello, Recently I was in accident I turned out fine but phone did not, the screen shattered making the whole thing useless. Thing is I was dumb and didn't sign up for phone insurance.

I looked online for solutions and was told that I can upgrade my phone to the same brand (iPhone 5c ) and discard my broken one. Is this possible? and if it is, will I have the same bill, number and everything else or will it start a new bill/ New number?

Please Help.

-Emily

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Upgrading Shattered Phone
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

As for the upgrade, it only upgrades your device, your number stays the same, your contract gets extended.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

doubledayemily, I am so glad to hear you are ok. I am sure this was a scary situation. Let's look at your options. Do you have any lines of service eligible to upgrade? Any other Verizon Wireless phones you are no longer user? You can upgrade another line of service or activate another phone. If you do not have either of those. You can always purchase a Certified Preowned device at http://vz.to/16vfYHl. This does come with a 1 year manufacturers warranty.

RobinD_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
doubledayemily

Hello, the phone that was damaged is eligible of an upgrade, I actually have the upgrade in my cart, but I didn't want to purchase it without confirmation that I can discard this broken phone when I received the new phone and continue with my current bill/number.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Was the accident your fault or another parties? I would hang onto it if it was another parties fault and you want reimbursement for the value it held at the time of the accident.

0 Likes
doubledayemily

Ok, I will keep that is mind.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

As for the upgrade, it only upgrades your device, your number stays the same, your contract gets extended.

0 Likes
doubledayemily

Oh? So does that men my broken phone will go out of commission and I can use the new phone as if it was the old phone?

This is my first time upgrading.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Once you get the new phone, assuming it's coming in the mail, you can activate it online.

My Verizon>My Device>Activate or Switch Device

They should send you a new SIM card also.

0 Likes
doubledayemily

Thank you for the information!

0 Likes