Using my iPhone outside of the us
Jameslharper
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm currently in Bogotá Colombia for a few months.  I suspended my service when I left the us because I thought I would be able to use a local prepaid sim while here, which I did for a couple weeks but about a week ago my service went to "no service".  I went to the SIM card provider and they said it's because I have a us phone and to contact Verizon to allow my phone to use the local sim while I'm here.  Is this possible?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Using my iPhone outside of the us
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jameslharper, I really hope that you're enjoying your time in Colobbia! I want to make sure you can use your cell phone. Can you please provide me with the exact phone modle that you're using? All of our 4G LTE devices are unlocked already for Global use. Please keep us posted.
KevinR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Jameslharper
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm using the 6S.

0 Likes
Jameslharper
Enthusiast - Level 2

And thank you for your help.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Your iPhone 6S is fully unlocked and the no sim message is not because it is a US phone.  Take out the sim and rub it with microfiber cloth and try again.  If still not working, you need a new SIM. But it is not because you have a US phone.