Re: VZW Call Filter supposed to be free as of March 2019
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
boringusername
We want to see you take full advantage of the Call Filter feature. This feature alerts you to incoming spam calls and lets you report and block unwanted numbers. Plus, you'll see a name, and depending on your device, a picture, city and state when you receive an incoming call, text or voicemail from an unknown number. You are eligible to receive the basics (spam detection, blocking and reporting) for free, or subscribe for all that and more for $2.99 per month, per line. The free feature must be added to your line by accessing My Verizon online. You may be eligible for a 10-day trial of the full service. However, please be advised that data charges apply.

For more information regarding Call Filter and how to add it to your wireless line, click the link below: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/call-filter-faqs/

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are confident you will like the call filter once you are able to start using it. It's true that it can take up to 4 weeks. However, Verizon will begin rolling out the update over the next few weeks. Does this help?  DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
dougesplin
Enthusiast - Level 3

@MIKEPASTA wrote:

To enroll in free features, open the app, tap the menu icon in the upper left corner / Account / Subscription Status / See other options / Yes. Go back to Block Management in the main menu to set up your spam filter and start auto-blocking spam calls. For details, see https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-call-filter or email them callfilter@vzw.com.

That only works if you have the newest app which is not available yet.

0 Likes
jimsold

Well people this shows that Verizon is either breaking another promise or just flat out lied to us again. This disappointments me because I have been telling my friends how Verizon was going to give us free help with the Robo calls, so now they will think I am the one that is telling a lie. I am going to see if I can get my blood pressure back down.

0 Likes
Cchu
Enthusiast - Level 2

@boringusername wrote:

Did you download the app?

The app is only available for a handful of devices (none of them mine) at this time.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jimsold, 

We would never want to cause you disappointment, and we know that it is crucial to be able to manage spam calls. The new Verizon Call filter is available for free! We do also offer an enhanced version for $2.99 with additional features, but the free Call Filter version allows you to block fraud and spam calls, and report suspicious numbers. When you initially download Call Filter, you will be given a free trial. After the trial expires, you will be offered the paid option for $2.99, or the free option. You will not be auto-enrolled in either version, but will be given a choice. Does this help clarify?  http://spr.ly/6609EeKfh;

MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dougesplin,

I'm not a fan of robocalls either. They are something that unfortunately is becoming way too common, and I'm right here to help in any way I can. I assure you that robocalls are not affiliated in any way with Verizon Wireless.

Our new Call Filter application is amazing! It includes spam block, spam detection, caller details, and more. If you have an iPhone, you can download it from the App Store. If you have an Android, it will already be located in your list of applications. Two different options are available to you, one being free. The other includes more features, and is $2.99 each month (you get a free 10-day trial period, though). The $2.99 option does include Caller ID for all calls. Check out all the details here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/call-filter/ Please let us know if you have any additional questions.

-ChristinaB_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cchu, stopping unwanted calls in all devices is important, so we are here to assist. Currently, the Call Filter app is not available in Android devices launched prior to June 2017. However, updates are rolling out to allow the app to be downloaded. We do not have an exact date for the update, but please ensure the next software update is completed. Does this help?

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
JamesA3781
Enthusiast - Level 1

I too am having problems getting call filter to work and I am willing to pay for the subscription.  However I do own a Samsung S10+ which I purchased from Samsung.  I did not buy the Verizon version because I simply don't like all the software they install that I will never use but can not remove.  The Samsung phone is clear of most of that software.

I have been a loyal customer of Verizon for over 25 years, I find it hard to believe Verizon would block such a critical feature that can take advantage of new SHAKEN/STIR to prevent robocalls, just because the phone was not purchased through them.  I happily pay monthly for all my premium services.  If they want to charge a bit more for non Verizon branded phones I can live with that but please don't force me to start looking for other carriers.  I will not buy a  phone with junk using my memory that I can not remove.

James

0 Likes
RyanChesmore
Enthusiast - Level 1

How, if at all prepaid customers supposed to get the free version of the app?

0 Likes