Verizon Coverage Issues
MBAKER13

I have just upgraded my wife's phone from an iphone 4 to a iphone 5C.  As soon as we switched, the 5C received little to no coverage in our house (80027).  Please do not tell me there is coverage there.  The iphone 4 had more than 4 bars all day long.

Here is what I had undertaken as a result.  I received another 5c, and the problem persisted. I reset network settings multiple times.  I updated to latest OS and reset network settings again, but the problem persists.  This is our only phone, as there is very little need for a land line, unless Verizon can't keep their signal, which appears to be happening.

My question is this:  With all the posts I have seen regarding coverage on Apple, Windows and other phones, why is it the reply always that the "coverage is fine, try resetting network."?  Is Verizon going to start fixing the issue?  Will Verizon issue repeaters and stop recommending we buy one, since we pay +$100/month for service that does not work?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Coverage Issues
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

What did you do to "reset the network?"

You can remove and reinsert the SIM card to reset the network and have it reconnect.

You can also go into your network settings, and make sure that LTE/CDMA is selected, not GSM, not Global.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon Coverage Issues
MattHorton

Coverage in the 80027 ZIP code has been poor for months. Many people are complaining in the local forums... Many people are leaving Verizon. I recently opened a case with them (NRB000007946957) and they basically told me to by an extender for $99. According to their coverage maps service should be good - but in most areas in the neighborhood it is almost unusable (most of the time get 1x coverage and 1 bar on voice). If the company does not do anything with customer feedback (except tell them to pay more) then how do they expect to get better?

0 Likes