Verizon Wireless Representative
Tegguy

Can someone please tell me who I can talk to regarding an issue I had in store. My wife upgraded to a new Iphone and her phone was hooked up to an employee's personal computer without us allowing her to do so. We were going to take the phone home and back it up and then come back for an upgrade but the employee offered to do it for us. We figured it was going to be a verizon wireless company computer that is designed specifically for this but it was not. She pulled out a personal MacBook Pro and did the data transfer by the time we realized what was going on it was too late.

This is a massive customer privacy violation to my wife, myself, and my family since there is a potential her data is still on that employees computer. I personally would like to speak to someone other than customer service (*611) regarding this as this is a huge issue.

Please tell me who I can speak to regarding this.              

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Wireless Representative
mama23dogs
Legend

As a store employee, they would be entrusted with that information either way.  The software to transfer would be proprietary.  Have you spoken with someone at the store?

0 Likes
Tegguy

I'm going to the store later today. They might be trusted with that information but that should be on a Verizon computer not a personal computer. One disgruntled employee that goes and uses customer data that they've collected should not be allowed.

There should be a PC provided by Verizon with that software on it that cannot leave the store and they should make you sign an agreement that gives them the authorization to proceed.

You shouldn't just take a customer phone and hook it up to your personal laptop. I know other companies you'd get fired for doing that and they have PC's specifically designed for data backup/transfers

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Which is why you should ask.  Most stores are using laptops which can be locked up.

Desktops will continue to be used less and less.

it may be a store computer.

0 Likes
Tegguy

A customer shouldn't have to ask if their data will be stored on an employee's computer. It not the form factor of the computer that is the problem it's the fact that my wife's data was transferred to an employee's computer and that employee could potentially still have all my wife's data.

The computer no matter which form factor should be a Verizon wireless company asset that can only be used for the purpose of data transfers with software such that the data automatically gets erased and cannot be transferred to anyone else's device other than  the intended customer

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

And until you ask, you don't know if it is a store computer or not.

Most stores are moving to laptops as they can be locked up at night. 

Desktops  dont fit in a safe.

0 Likes
Tegguy

The simple fact is I should not have to ask how my data will be handled. I was in a Verizon wireless store not some persons basement. If this is a service Verizon wireless is going to offer then they need to have the correct protocols in place and use verizon wireless company assest to accomplish the task.

To me asking if a personal PC will be used is like taking your car to the dealership for service and having to ask if a dealer employee will be driving it. It's a question that should not have to be asked if they are going to offer the service.

0 Likes