Verizon carrier update 18.1 for iphone 6
MCLong
Enthusiast - Level 2

Recieved a carrier update message pop up, clicked yes to update,and now my phone is acting strange - bad reception, slow response time, etc this was the first carrier update i recieved via pop up since owning an iphone for 3+ years. Could this be a virus?

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon carrier update 18.1 for iphone 6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MCLong,

Oh wow! This certainly is not something that should be happening. That update was something that did come out to be processed. It was not a virus. You just noticed all of this after this particular update? What software version do you have on the phone? Please let me know. Thanks.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
MCLong
Enthusiast - Level 2

8.1.3 is the software update i have. Yes, this just started happening after the carrier update.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried resetting your phone or restarting it? You may even need to do a restore. I haven't had any issues with the carrier update on my iPhone 6+ or on the iPhone 6 in my household so I'm not sure if this is a widespread issue.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It's possible that 8.1.3 is the problem and not the carrier update. I haven't updated to 8.1.3. I always wait several weeks minimum to install an iPhone update or don't do it at all if I'm not having any issues with the version I'm currently using. Just to be sure that the new updates don't bring unwanted bugs and cause issues than I might not have had to begin with

0 Likes
MCLong
Enthusiast - Level 2

8.1.3 is the software update i have. Yes, this just started happening after the carrier update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MCLong

Let's get your phone running back to normal.  Updates are intended to help the phones functionality.  I want you to perform a network reset to your phone.  You can do this in Settings>General>Reset Network Settings.  This should resolve the issue with the lag on your phone.  Keep us updated on phones performance after reset.

YareliM_VZW

Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
akgrabowski

I have the same issues but I have an iPhone 5 - I went ahead and reset the network settings, and now it won't connect to Wi-fi

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your Wi-Fi to work akgrabowski! What happens when you try to connect to another network? Do you get an error message when you try to get connected, if so what is it? Share details.

AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jb804

I'm having the same problem with my iPhone 6, since I updated to carrier update18.1 people now claim that my phone is breaking up and I'm only getting 1-2 bars always! I have already tried the reset network settings and that did not correct the issue! Any other help would be awesome I use my phone a lot in the house and now I can because people can't hear me due to the poor signal!

Thank you,

James

0 Likes