Verizon lied to me
CraigAbbott
Enthusiast - Level 2

First of all, there are LOTS more important things than me being lied to about my fancy new Series 3 Apple Watch.  But that aside, this has easily the 3rd time this *type* of thing has happened to me with Verizon.  I have a love / hate relationship with this company as a result.

I signed into Live Chat in early October to verify the monthly price for a new Apple Watch Series 3 with LTE.  I expected to hear $10/mo which is what all the major websites reported. To my surprise and great skepticism the rep told me because I'm on the Large 8GB plan and *not* on the Unlimited plan that I'd only pay $5/mo.  It actually seemed to make sense when I thought about it.   I even told the rep flat out (but respectfully) that I don't believe them, that I think they are wrong.  The rep insisted that *I* was wrong and that it really would be $5/mo.

Of course, guess what.  When I got my watch a few days ago and added it to my plan it said $10/mo. When I called Verizon and spoke to "a manager" she also verified it was $10.

I hate this [Removed] so much.  Especially since it is not the first time I have been lied to (sure, I know I'm exaggerating and that the rep probably didn't think they were actually lying to me) by a Verizon rep.  There's no way I'm going to buy any lame excuses like "the price changed between when you asked and when you added your device."

I don't want to badmouth Verizon, and I have enjoyed otherwise very good customer service and reception for many years.  What else am I supposed to do?  By the way, what made it even worse is that my wife and I each got one, so the lie is multiplied by two.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon lied to me
rcschnoor
Legend

CraigAbbott wrote:

I even told the rep flat out (but respectfully) that I don't believe them, that I think they are wrong. The rep insisted that *I* was wrong and that it really would be $5/mo.

Of course, guess what. When I got my watch a few days ago and added it to my plan it said $10/mo. When I called Verizon and spoke to "a manager" she also verified it was $10.

So you are getting charged exactly what you expected? Whether or not the Verizon rep "lied" to you depends on if they actually thought the $5 charge was accurate. Verizon used to charge $5/line for this service. The Apple Watch 3 series was the first device to have the charge increased to $10/month. The Verizon rep may not have been aware of the price increase. I have found in the past that I, being a customer of Verizon, have been much better informed than any VZW salesperson that has ever waited on me in a store. This simply sounds like another example of the same.

Being "lied" to and being misinformed by someone who didn't have the correct information are 2 completely different things. Should the Verizon rep been better informed? Yes, but that doesn't mean you were lied to. In fact, my smartwatch which I added to my account over a year ago is STILL being charged $5/month for service.

0 Likes
CraigAbbott
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, that is wrong. I am NOT getting exactly what I expected. I expected $5/mo because that's what I was told, specifically by a rep from Verizon like I said in the first place.  That was at least part of my point.  I reluctantly changed my expectations because of what the rep told me insistently even after I suggested to them that I suspect they are incorrect.  And yes, I'm certain "lied" is too strong as I already said in my original post too.  Clearly the rep was misinformed but I also made the point that in my Live Chat I was clear that this was about the NEW series 3 watch and the rep was clear in their response that yes, they know about the new watch and that the price is $10 for folks on the Unlimited plan but that I was on a different plan and would get a different price - all stuff I said in the first place.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

You are not the first one to come on here with a complaint about customer service.

Whether you were Lied To or misinformed at this point I think you just need to talk to someone other then chat. I do not know if this will help but I would email one of the people on this page and see if you can get any help from there

Leadership | About Verizon

Please let us know if you get any help with this.

CraigAbbott
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks kathy65793​ and understood.  I have already called into Verizon and spoken with "a manager" about my concern.  She handled my frustration very well. We concluded with an understanding that my whining was not going to change the price - which I already knew and never expected, and that I'd appreciate knowing that someone in management would consider/reconsider the problem of misinformation.  She said I might get a call from another manager, which hasn't happened. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

CraigAbbott, help is here as you deserve only the best in service from us as well as accurate information. rcschnoor is correct as the Apple Watch 3 series was the first device to have the charge increased to $10/month due to the Name Share for the device. Please accept my apologies that this information was not given the first time. My goal is to ensure that we resolve your concerns. I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern

NatashaA_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

NumberShare FAQs | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes