Verizon phone unlocked?
salix

If I order IPhone 6 plus with two year contract, will it arrive unlocked so I can pop out the sim card and use local sim cards while on international trips?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon phone unlocked?
Weth
Legend

This has been the case with the iPhone 5, 5S, 5C and there is no indication it will be any different for iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.

0 Likes
rodusa

That is what I did, I have a Verizon iPhone 6 plus, but it only works with a Verizon sim card it does not work with any international sim cards, I tried with many different card while traveling to brazil, I went to apple store and they told me that the phone is locked to Verizon and that will not work with any other sims, I call Verizon and they told me because I got the phone from ebay, they wont change, even that I am a currently customer with Verizon they can not help me

thanks Verizon for the bad customer support.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus are not SIM locked whether bought from Apple or Verizon. Something else is going on with your phone. Is it really a Verizon phone? Is it a lost or stolen phone that is on a GSM block list?

Do you actively have this phone working on Verizon?

0 Likes
rodusa

yes it is a Verizon phone I even went to Apple , and they told me they don't guarantee that the phone works with other sims they only guarantee that it will work with Verizon   , here is my number you can check it 354388061713377

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

That is not the experience for others with the iPhone 6, so I go back to my first conclusion it is something else.  There are many examples of non-Verizon sims working on this phone.  Don't post your IMEI numbers here, it will get erased and is a security risk for you.  I suspect the phone is on a lost and stolen list.   It is not a Verizon or Apple problem.  Buying from eBay is going to end up being the problem. 

0 Likes
rodusa

Is working fine with my Verizon sim so is not a lost or stolen case

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I'm telling you there is nothing for Verizon to unlock the iPhone 6 is fully unlocked.   Blame them all you want, but it is Nothing on Verizon's or Apple's side.   Did you confirm you had the right APN in Brazil?