Verizon strong 💪 arming grandfathered unlimited users yet again, this time with Apple Watch ⌚️ 3 cell service!
ahmedayoub
Enthusiast - Level 2

Called this morning to add my Apple Watch 3 to my cell number to only find out that Unlimited Data users (grandfathered true unlimite) are prohibited/restricted from adding the Apple Watch 3 cell service to his/her respective number.

The technician was laughing all through the call knowing very well that a 20 year plus loyal customer  would never give up his grandfathered unlimited for a minor feature.

Shame on you Verizon for such dirty underhanded tactics!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon strong 💪 arming grandfathered unlimited users yet again, this time with Apple Watch ⌚️ 3 cell service!
ahmedayoub
Enthusiast - Level 2

Now moderator, feed me the swill that it is ‘technically’ impossible to add a watch to my plan! The engineer/tech on the otherside of the phone said it was possible and that you simply choose not to.

cheers!

Re: Verizon strong    arming grandfathered unlimited users yet again, this time with Apple Watch ⌚️ 3 cell service!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What moderator?

There are pros and cons to keeping the Nationwide Plan with grandfathered unlimited data plan. I had to review them myself for a number of years before my usage and the plan costs to justify switching to a current plan and giving up the grandfathered unlimited smartphone data plan. It sounds like you discovered another con against keeping the plan. Is it enough to switch just for a smart watch, I don't know. That's a choice you have to make.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon strong 💪 arming grandfathered unlimited users yet again, this time with Apple Watch ⌚️ 3 cell service!
stef7
Master - Level 2

You mean con against going with the re-defined "unlimited". yeah, I'd say in the OP's case, better to stay grandfathered, and buy the cheaper, non-LTE version of the smartwatch.

0 Likes
fseth1122
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yea, totally agree. Verizon is using the apple watch as the bait in the “bait and switch.”

Verizon launches telecommunications satellites into orbit...you mean to tell me they can’t figure out how to add a feature onto a plan? Give me a break. No one buys this non sense.

If AT&T can add the feature to their unlimited grandfathered plans, so can Verizon. It’s a choice.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

ATT is NOT allowing the Apple watch on old plans.  The Apple Watch can be added to the current plans only.  In order to use it if You have an old plan, you have to add a new plan to an old account, with its own data, raising the cost of the watch service monthly to $40+ a month, plus taxes. 

They have every right to prohibit adding new lines to old plans. 

Yes, it may be a choice, but they still can do it.

0 Likes
Re: Verizon strong    arming grandfathered unlimited users yet again, this time with Apple Watch ⌚️ 3 cell service!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you mean to write add a "new line to the old account"  instead of "new plan to the old account"?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
ahmedayoub
Enthusiast - Level 2

Shilling for verizon and rolling over accepting said thuggery has nothing to do with ‘pro and con.’ Everyone should be able to add and remove devices regardless of what plan one has, but sadly some people choose to accept what Verizon feeds us.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

Ann154 wrote:

Did you mean to write add a "new line to the old account" instead of "new plan to the old account"?

No.   ATT will add a new mobile share advantage plan on the same account with an old grandfathered plan.   They’ve done it for years when those plans wanted to add new lines.  

They are pushing the 3 gig plan, with the watch line access it’s $50 a month. 

Some have noticed they had more than one account on their bill, but are now consolidated to one account, multiple plans. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ah, a sub-account. Thanks.

0 Likes