Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Verizon trade-in nightmare
ltrogdon

Verizon offered an iPhone 12 trade-in pre-sale promotion of $440 for your existing phone, divided into a 24-month bill deduction.  So, we decided to trade in two of our phones.  Both phones qualified for the $440 trade-in.  We ordered two iPhone 12s.  They both came on the same day.  We returned our trade-in phones that afternoon, using two separate return boxes with UPS labels.  We tracked the boxes, and they both showed up at the Verizon return office at the same day/time.  My phone was examined and approved for the $440 credit within four days.  My wife's phone has never been approved/disapproved.

This was six weeks ago.  I have chatted/talked with at least six Verizon agents since then.  They affirm that the phone was received, based on the UPS documentation.  I worked with each agent at least an hour, some longer, attempting to resolve the issue.  At least four agents "gave me their word" that the issue had been resolved, that I would see the credit on my next bill.  Well, guess what, I still haven't seen the credit.  It's now being "investigated" to see what happened to the trade-in phone.  If you haven't found it in five weeks, what makes you think you will find it in one more week?

This is really simple.  Either give me the $440 credit for the trade-in phone, which was in very good condition, or return my trade-in phone to me.  Oh, that's right, you can't return my trade-in phone because you lost it!

It felt good to vent on a community forum.  We have been Verizon customers for over twenty-five years.  My takeaway from this is that none of the agents that I have talked to/chatted with have very little authority to resolve any issues that a customer has.

Re: Verizon trade-in nightmare
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

ltrogdon, We know the importance of ensuring you receive your expected Trade In promotion. Our sincere apologies that the device has not ben found. I have sent you a Private Message. Please respond at your earliest convenience. 

TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
ltrogdon

I don't see a private message that I haven't opened.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

My apologies, Itrogdon! We know how important it is to resolve your concerns, and we want to help. I will be sending another message, so we can continue working to get this taken care of. 

Thanks, 

MichelleH_VZW 

0 Likes
Elmoreac

I’m having the same issue. Sent my phone to them in November...it’s January 24 and I’m still trying to get my credit. Have you received yours yet?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It is essential that we sort out what is happening with the trade-in, Elmoreac. Since we will need access to non-public details, we have sent you a Private Note to continue.

GeorgeS_VZW

0 Likes
Scrigger718

Same issue. I traded my Note 9 in for a Note 20 Ultra and was to get a $400 trade in promo but now they're saying I'll get $150 and they can't find that promo in their system. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Let's get to the bottom of this and make sure that everything is correct regarding this promotion.  A private message has been sent to assist you further.

0 Likes
bhse26

Same here, 3 new phones, one got credited with the trade-in... the other two not even after 3 months and at least 10 calls totaling 15-20 hours. Each time the rep promises that they will have it taken care of... then a week or two goes by... nothing. I call back, explain it all over again... nothing... and so on. While each rep is friendly and understanding, it is inconceivable that no one can actually fix this. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

That is a lot of time to spend, bhse26. I'm sorry for the amount of time it's taken and the number of phone calls. I know the importance of needing to have the trade-in credit that you need. We do want to find a fix to this. I'm going to send you a Private Note. Please respond to that note for me. KevinR_VZW 

0 Likes