Re: Verizon trade-in nightmare
MrPlanA
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same issue. I sent my Pixel 3 XL in December for trade-in. Shipping says it was delivered December 13th via USPS, but I still haven't received my $400 credit.

I called customer support and they don't even have a record of the phone in their warehouse by device ID, despite the tracking saying the phone was delivered to the trade-in facility.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that we get the answers that you need. We want to also ensure your privacy. Please click the link to contact us in a safe arena. https://www.verizon.com/support/contact-us/?adobe_mc=MCMID%3D50943468827832129160392274857956965119%...

0 Likes
rptexas
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel your pain...and then some.  My daughter's phone was approved for the same promotion in late November 2020 and sent her phone in early December once her new phone arrived. The tracking number shows it was received, however they could not find the phone after that. I called for months trying to get it straightened out, spending many hours on the phone. First we were told to wait two billing cycles. Then told to wait longer due to the business from the holidays.  Call after call.  Finally on June 14, 2021 we spoke with a competent rep that figured it out; they gave us a label to return a phone instead of trade in a phone.  She verified we were eligible for the $440 promotion and said it could take up to 5 business days to start seeing a credit. Two weeks later, no credit, no contact, nothing. After spending an hour on the phone they now say were weren't eligible for the promotion because we had to upgrade our unlimited plan to a premium plan.  After 7 months and countless calls they come up with that, which not one representative mentioned before nor do I recall ever seeing that requirement for a trade-in on an existing Verizon account. So I asked for my phone back, but they can not locate it.  Apparently you need to make the request within the first 30 days...despite them telling you to wait at least two billing cycles (60 days) for the credit to appear?! Bottom line is we got nothing for my daughter's iphone 8 plus that she sent as a trade-in, nor did we get the phone back. 

morisky
Contributor - Level 1

Between charging me for a "free" iPhone and this guys issue, Verizon obviously never intends to honor any "offer".

0 Likes
ChickFilAye
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same thing IS LITERALLY HAPPENING TO ME, I’m on my 3rd representative myself.

kmag
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem but sent 2 phones with $950.

Verizon has a problem in their Dallas facility.

Too many phones are being received there and then the phones go "poof"

Not hard to figure out what is happening

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This sounds like a really rough situation. We always want you to get any promotion you qualify for, Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ChickFilAye, this is never the experience we want you to have. Making sure you receive a resolution for your device trade-in concern is important. Allow us the opportunity to take a look at the details. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you. 

0 Likes
MrPlanA
Enthusiast - Level 2

So it looks like they finally put my trade-in credit on my account, however now they're removing the device payment credit and saying those Black Friday promotions ($300 off my phone purchase and $400 trade in value for my phone) cannot be combined and I can only get the greater of the two.

It's funny because nowhere during the purchase and trade-in process did it say that and the advertising was such that you could get up to $700 off the phone.

0 Likes
hevnsprncs
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have also been experiencing the trade-in nightmare. I've contacted several ways and keep running into the same "technical difficulties" and "dropped" calls, it's becoming evident this is a ploy to try to keep people from receiving the trade in offer as promised. I received emails showing proof of the carrier receiving the device and proof it was delivered to the return center and yet the trade in status isn't showing it and I'm receiving emails stating I still need to return the device, which as stated, I have proof this has all occurred. I was told 3-5 days and now it's been a week. 😞 This is terrible so many are experiencing this, what bad business practice!

0 Likes