Visual Visuals Lost on iPhone 6
eb94114
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just upgraded from an iPhone 4s to an iPhone 6 last night.  Everything transferred over except the visual voicemails.  These contained some very meaningful voicemails from my mother who passed away quite suddenly six months ago.  Verizon is saying they have nothing on their platform when they look into trying to find the messages, and they said it is an Apple issue.  Apple said it is a Verizon issue.  This is bringing me to tears.  Can someone please help me restore these messages?  I was told they would transfer over, otherwise I would not have upgraded my phone.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Visual Visuals Lost on iPhone 6
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Oh my goodness eb94114,
I absolutely understand where you are coming from with this. Having meaningful voicemails like that is something that I have too and would be upset if I lost them. Do you still have the 4S? If yes, what we can try is to reactivate it temporarily, backup the phone with iCloud, then reactivate the iPhone 6 and restore from that backup. That would be the only way to get the voicemails back over.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

Did you set up your new iPhone using a backup from your old iPhone? If not you need to do that. Are the voice mails still on your old iPhone?

0 Likes
eb94114
Enthusiast - Level 1

Everything was done in the Verizon store. It was backed up from the last back up on the cloud, which apparently does not have voicemails on it. The person in the store reactivated my old phone, and the messages were then gone from there, too. I had them in my hand on that phone when I walked into the store.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Oh my goodness eb94114,
I absolutely understand where you are coming from with this. Having meaningful voicemails like that is something that I have too and would be upset if I lost them. Do you still have the 4S? If yes, what we can try is to reactivate it temporarily, backup the phone with iCloud, then reactivate the iPhone 6 and restore from that backup. That would be the only way to get the voicemails back over.

ErinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It appears that the voicemails were somehow deleted from the original iPhone also from what the OP said in their last post.

0 Likes