Visual voicemail
Anaheim
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been on the computer and phone at least a total of 3 hrs today. I am trying to delete the visual voicemail option! Don't like it, don't want it, not even for free. It's a time consuming, aggravating way to check your voicemails. But looks like I'm stuck because 3 technicians from Verizon tried and also a tech from Apple and guess what? Still have the stupid visual voicemail on my phone. Please someone help me. I have tried everything!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Visual voicemail
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You can't get rid of it. It's an Apple feature and not the same as Verizon's own Visual Voicemail feature. You could opt to not set it up on your device and just call in to your voicemail to retrieve messages but if you already set it up then you can't delete it. You could possible restore your phone to factory and then set it up as a new device (don't use your backup)....and that may leave your VV as if it wasn't set up. Not sure but it's something you could try. That's if it's so important to you not to have it on your phone that you're willing to lose the stuff you have on your phone in order to make it happen.

Anaheim
Enthusiast - Level 2

No, not that important, but what another thing I don't like is how it's shoved down my throat! It al started after I did my last update. Now I have to listen to a whole spiel of a recording, put in password, wait to hear vm then press 7 to delete msg. It all just stinks! If someone hangs up without leaving a msg, well then u get a red dot on your phone icon that doesn't go away and no way to remove it

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You can still listen to your voice mail with *86 and not go through the app.  Or you can ask Siri "Do I have any voicemail?"

I Find the exact opposite, can't stand the waste of time with basic voice mail and visual voicemail is a Much better Voicemail in general is very inefficient and I much rather get a text or email. 

Anaheim
Enthusiast - Level 2

I wouldn't mind if it was vm to text, but it's a service you have to pay for.. Right?

0 Likes
Anaheim
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ty for telling me about Siri!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I was just talking about people sending a text or email rather than leaving me a voicemail.  I even tell people to do that in my voicemail greeting.  I did try the voicemail to text idea before. It was ok, but lots of errors.  Not worth paying for me. 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You shouldn't have to put in a password after the VV is set up. You also don't have to listen to any voicemail you don't want to. If you don't want to listen you can just delete it.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Anaheim wrote:

No, not that important, but what another thing I don't like is how it's shoved down my throat! It al started after I did my last update. Now I have to listen to a whole spiel of a recording, put in password, wait to hear vm then press 7 to delete msg. It all just stinks! If someone hangs up without leaving a msg, well then u get a red dot on your phone icon that doesn't go away and no way to remove it

You should be able to delete at anytime You are listening.  You should not need to put on a password?  Just pull up app, click message, delete anytime, never need password.

0 Likes
Anaheim
Enthusiast - Level 2

That's not so on my phone, first it asks for password, then press 1 to listen to msg, then a recording telling me I have no new msg, no option to delete even tho the icon says I have a msg. So annoying! I have tried everything! Won't uninstall!

0 Likes