Want to trade in my iPhone 6 plus and go back to iPhone 5 temporarily.
LindainVa

I just upgraded to an iPhone 6 plus 16 GB in March.  I now wished I have gotten the regular 6 in 64 GB.  I know my contract just

started, but I can use my brother in laws upgrade if I want.  What I would like to do is use his upgrade, but I want to wait until later

this year to see if I would prefer the 6S.  I know the trade in value will be lower when the 6S comes out, so I would like to trade it

in sooner than later.  I have an iPhone 5 I could use until then.  Is this possible?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Want to trade in my iPhone 6 plus and go back to iPhone 5 temporarily.
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You'd get more for it if you sold it yourself.

You can at any point in time go online to Verizon and activate your old iPhone 5 onto your account.

You can use your brothers upgrade, just keep in mind that it extends his contract 2 years not yours.

LindainVa

My brother is month to month right now.  He has a basic phone that I pay for, lol

I have never sold a phone before.  Any Advise?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you use his upgrade, it will mean signing a contract, that is if you want it as the discounted price or on the Edge. If you don't, then you'll have to pay full price.

If you upgrade his basic phone with a smart phone, you'll have to change his plan to a data plan which comes with an access line fee of $40. This would be pointless though because he would need a smart phone on the line, his basic phone won't work on a smart phone line.

I suggest if you want to use his upgrade, and want a smartphone, you'll have to upgrade his line to a smart phone line, and then give him your iPhone 5 or iPhone 6 to use.

LindainVa

No.  I can just switch his upgrade to my phone nbr.  We are on the share everything plan. He would still

have a basic phone.  I can do that online.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You can't. The upgrade is for HIS line. He has a basic phone, so you can only upgrade to a basic phone unless you add extra fees to his line.

You can however do the fees, upgrade to a smart phone and move that smart phone to your line, but it would update his contract, not yours.

LindainVa

I believe you are mistaken, but if you have any advise on selling phone.  I'd appreciate it.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

That's kosher, do it online and let us know how it goes. If you don't trust me about this, then I reckon you should have no reason to trust me otherwise. Plus since I know you'll be doing things incorrectly I don't want you to sell a phone to someone and it still have fee's owed and they can't activate it etc. My apologies. Perhaps someone else can tell you what you want to hear.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Line A iPhone 6 Plus under contract

Line B basic phone month to month

Transferring the upgrade from Line B to Line A shall renew the contract term for 2 years on Line B. If a smartphone is purchased with this upgrade, Line B will be considered as a smartphone line and not a basic phone line. The line access fee will change to the $40 line access fee for the duration of the contract term. Even if a basic phone was reactivated on Line B, the line access fee would remain at the $40 amount.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I don't think you can even reactivate a basic phone on a smart phone line; that is one thing I'm not 100% sure of though. The rest is correct.

0 Likes