Warranty replacement
Ame97

I have an iPhone 6 and I have gotten a warranty replacement my iPhone 6 I have to send back has a small scuff/indent in the corner am I going to be charged a device damage fee?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Warranty replacement
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Did you take it into Apple or Verizon to get the warranty replacement? They would have looked at your device then and given you their opinion as they would see this sort of thing more than here on the peer to peer forum. That said...what was the reason for using the warranty?

0 Likes
Ame97

I actually called the 800 number I used the warranty because my daughters

buttons are starting to give out and her screen freezes sometimes.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Honestly it sounds like it could go either way. Unless they know of something faulty with buttons, those aren't considered covered under the warranty. Manufactures warranty is for internal issues, like the screen freezing, but because it has the indent...they may try to say that's why. Perhaps I just like to see the glass half empty and be on the cautious side so there isn't any disappointment.

Then again you did put in for a warranty replacement it seems it went through based on the answers you gave on the phone call. So as long as you answered those all truthfully I don't see why they would deny it, especially for a freezing screen.

0 Likes
Ame97

Okay because the indent isn't on the side where the buttons aren't working.

The lock button and home button are the ones starting to not work and the

indent is on the opposite side. But thanks for the help and information do

you by chance know how much the damage fee could be if they decide to

charge me??

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Not for manufactures warranty, I've seen other "non returned" phone fees of $299. Surely they asked you a bunch of questions when you did the 800 number thought right? Like the issues, any damage etc. If it went through directly with Apple I wouldn't be too concerned.

0 Likes
Ame97

Okay thank you.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

There is a difference between small scuff and a dent.  It sounds more like a dent which is damage and a reason to reject the warranty for manufacturers defect.   If you said scuff to the person on the phone, that was not accurate.  The certified pre owned price of iPhone 6 is $550. 

0 Likes