Weak Verizon Signal from IPhone 6 at home
nycmk

Hi, I am having problems with a weak Verizon signal in my home. Only 1-2 bubbles, when I go on the internet - and cannot open a webpage - it tells me there is a network error. I checked my wifi connection and it's excellent - but when I try to open webpages over WiFi - it's a problem, tells me that I am not connected to the internet (which is BS) or it takes forever to open; but when I switch to Verizon LTE cellular data, I can open webpages easily. (Go figure)

The reason why I got WiFi - was to avoid the huge data bills from Verizon, ever since my unlimited plan was taken away - but what is the point of

WiFi - if Verizon's signal is weak that I can't even use my device from my home

I spoke to a Rep about this and he tried to tell me it was an Apple and Wifi issue -  and said I shouldn't expect so much b/c Wifi is free -

well, if that is the case - why is the Verizon signal 3-4 bubbles from my office and I can open Webpages no problems OVER WiFi

so Apple doesn't have a beef with my work WIFI??

Anyone else experiencing this - and how can this be fixed?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Weak Verizon Signal from IPhone 6 at home
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
nycmk,

WiFi is definitely something we want you to be able to use on your device. I know I hook up to WiFi's all the time with my device. I would just like to get a little more information from you:

What model iPhone do you have? How long has the WiFi issue been going on? Is it just your home WiFi having issues with the connection? I know you stated your work WiFi seems fine, but have you tried others besides that work/home?

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
nycmk

I have the IPhone 6 , 16GB - I don't have the model #

Yes Home connection is the problem - and Work Wifi is fine

But I also had issues on other WIFI connections - Verizon signal was weak

at my gym.

My friends all have AT&T they had no issues on their devices using Wifi but I did in Panama City Beach Florida at the end of April and in New Jersey last weekend -

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the additional information nycmk. I want to ensure I have a correct understanding. Are issues only when you are on wifi or when connected to the Verizon network? When did you start experiencing issues? Have you installed any new third party apps or software to your phone?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
nycmk

When on WiFi - Verizon's signal is weak - nothing loads or takes forever - very frustrating - Instagram, Facebook, and other apps, Wifi works beautifully when I'm at work - so your Rep was off by saying I should not expect much from a Wifi connection.

No, I have not installed any new apps.

This started happening about a month ago and I've had Wifi in my apt. for 3 months it was not an issue then. I travel often and find that Verizon's network is not as big large as they claim to be. I've often had issues with Wifi and LTE when traveling.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
nycmk,

Thank you for all of that information. We do want to make sure you're able to use your device on WiFi. There is one minor reset I would like you to try: Reset Network Settings. You will not be losing any of your contacts, pictures, etc. You will have to reset up any WiFi connections. Here is the link that will walk you through how to do this:  http://vz.to/1PFt1rK

Keep us posted if any differences.

ChristinaM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
nycmk

This did nothing - still the same, if not worse - but LTE works - WiFi nothing - and I keep getting messages like  "no server" and "not connected to Internet" -

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I want to make sure your phone can use WiFi, nycmk. After resetting the network settings, did you have to set up your WiFi network on your device? What iOS version do you have? Settings>General>About>Version. Do you have a network extender that you are connecting to at home? This can also be picked up from a neighbor. If you are unsure, you can dial #48 to find out if there is a network extender you are connecting to. What kind of router do you have at home?

AndreaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Thompson30

The version is 7.1.2 (11D257) and yes I had to re log in to the wifi I have charter cable  and wifi

0 Likes
Thompson30

I can't do the #48 because I have no cell phone service at home

0 Likes