What happened to my text messages? My older conversations (more than 30 days old) disappeared, even though there fewer than 25 messages per conversation.
vet2be

I have an iPhone 6, and while the initial text message screen shows the names of the people and the most recent text message, when I click on the name, the text messages are gone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: What happened to my text messages?  My older conversations (more than 30 days old) disappeared, even though there fewer than 25 messages per conversation.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get you the heelp needed, Vet2be! There is a setting that will alter how long your messages are kept for. This setting may be found under Settings > Messages > Message History - From there you may select 30 days, 1 year or Forever.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: What happened to my text messages?  My older conversations (more than 30 days old) disappeared, even though there fewer than 25 messages per conversation.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get you the heelp needed, Vet2be! There is a setting that will alter how long your messages are kept for. This setting may be found under Settings > Messages > Message History - From there you may select 30 days, 1 year or Forever.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: What happened to my text messages? My older conversations (more than 30 days old) disappeared, even though there fewer than 25 messages per conversation.
Weth
Legend

There is a setting to erase messages after 30 days, 1 year or never.   Did you have that setting set to 30 days?

0 Likes