What plan
justinian222

I'm confused about how to go about getting the right phone plan while aboard in Mexico for a year. The Verizon website and call center have as yet been of little help.

I plan to use wireless as much as possible, but I'll want a little data outside of that, mainly for using Maps. I'm not yet an account manager and it's not letting me access the Trip Planner (and I live in a different city from account manager). Has anyone changed their plan to adjust for international travel like this and can share what they did?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What plan
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Justinian222, thank you so much for reaching out to us and I apologize for your recent experience when you contacted us. I want to make sure you have the best solution for your recent trip to Mexico. What make & model of phone do you have? Will you have access to WiFi where you are staying in Mexico?

GersonG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
justinian222

Hi!

So I did get some info from someone at Verizon on the phone which was helpful, but I have not decided what I'll do. I have an iPhone 5. I will have wifi access where I live. I am currently part of my family's plan. The $15/month or $25/ month plans are the best bet with Verizon if I decide not to get something in Mexico for cheaper. Right now, it doesn't look likely I'll stick with Verizon because it will be like paying $75 for a small amount of data while abroad (I pay $50 towards my family plan currently in the US). Does that make sense? Do you know any alternatives?

Also, it doesn't sound like getting one of these internatl travel plans will provide any coverage f and when I visit another country like El Salvador while I'm there. I plan to be in Central America from June 2016 to July 2017. Do you know the best option in that travel?

Thanks a lot for reaching out to me.

Justin

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Your best bet us to get a Mexican prepaid plan and same when you visit a different CA country If you are gone for a year.  

0 Likes