What’s the difference between LTE and 3G?
Reichela

I upgraded my iPhone to the latest OS and have since had interrupted data service to the point where the phone is practically useless for the internet. Now the service says 3G instead of LTE. How can I fix this and why did it happen?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: What’s the difference between LTE and 3G?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you try the reset of the network settings or reboot the phone?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: What’s the difference between LTE and 3G?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Reichela, it is a known issue that the newest iOS update has been causing some troubles. First I would try to rectify your connection by following these steps: Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This will reset Wi-Fi networks and passwords, along with cellular, VPN, and APN settings. If iOS 11 is still giving you trouble, you can always reset your iPhone to its factory settings by going to Settings > General > Reset and tap Erase All Content and Settings. Just make sure that you back up all your precious files first as this will wipe your iPhone completely.

NicoleT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes