Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
What should I do if my device is malfunctioning?
mluckys

A black vertical line recently appeared on my iPhone 6. It started by appearing and then disappearing, and now the line seems to be permeant. I did not drop the phone, nor is there any water damage. I recently contacted Verizon and did the whole factory reset, hard reset, turn off and on and the line is still there. The insurance is requiring that I pay a 200 deductible for a refurbished phone that will replace my phone that has begun to malfunction on its own. I have been with this company since 2007, I have never had any major issues with any of the phones I have purchased. I am so disappointed that I am being charged this amount on top of the retail price of the phone. Knowing that when my 2 years is up, I will be paying close to 1000 if not more (not including my bill) for a phone that started malfunctioning after the recent update. Switching companies was never a thought in my mind until now.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Overcharging for a phone malfuntion
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

This isn't Verizons problem, it's Apples problem.  Your warranty is through Apple And even if the one year is over they may replace a defective device.

View solution in original post

dilbertaz

Have you tried an Apple store or contacting Apple directly?  It may be covered under their warranty as long as it is classified as manufacturer defect.

mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

This isn't Verizons problem, it's Apples problem.  Your warranty is through Apple And even if the one year is over they may replace a defective device.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

mluckys, having a working phone is a must as having a black line in the middle of the device can really spoil your cellular experience. Help is here to provide the assistance you deserve. I’ve sent you a private message here in the forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.

NatashaVZWA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mluckys

I have not, I called Verizon but I will try them next.. Thank you

0 Likes
mluckys

Thank you

0 Likes