When I upgrade my 5s to a 6 or 6s on a 2 year plan, other than the $199 for the 6, will there be any additional costs?
appletat

When I upgrade my 5s to a 6 or 6s on a 2 year plan, other than the $199 for the 6, will there be any additional costs?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: When I upgrade my 5s to a 6 or 6s on a 2 year plan, other than the $199 for the 6, will there be any additional costs?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The upgrade fee. Sales tax. The line access fee. The account level access fee aka the shared data plan.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: When I upgrade my 5s to a 6 or 6s on a 2 year plan, other than the $199 for the 6, will there be any additional costs?
appletat

How much is the upgrade fee?  Is it one time or monthly?

How much is the line access fee?

How much is the account level access fee aka as the shared data plan?

I have an existing account remember and have for many years... so aren't these things I am presently paying???  Or is Verizon adding these to actually ensure I pay the retail cost of the phone somehow?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you already being our valued customer, appletat. The upgrade fee is a one time $40 fee charged during the upgrade process when using a 2 year agreement to get a significant discount and complete the upgrade. Line access and account level access will depend on your calling plan selection. If you’re an existing customer with an iPhone already, you’ll most likely be able to keep your same plan if it’s been working well for you. What plan do you have now? Do you have any other lines on your account? How much data do you usually average on your iPhone 5s?

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

appletat

If you are on an older plan, grandfathered, you may lose it if you use an upgrade with a discount.

How did you upgrade to the 5S and keep your current data plan?

0 Likes