Why Are People Receiving Calls From My Number?
KAREFREE14
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having a problem. I use iPhone settings to block each new number, but as soon as the 1st of the next month rolls around, it starts over--same area code and prefix, but new last four digits. I'm also seeing online that my number is being searched by people getting calls purportedly from it. It's not me. With a lot of online research, I've identified two possible fraud suspects (spoof, scam, telemarket, robocall, I don't care what you call it) that use multiple identities and who apparently use my number as one of their "veils." All I see to do is file a complaint with the FCC--not that it'll do any good. Con artists are like smoke--reach for them and they're gone.

Labels (1)
Re: Why Are People Receiving Calls From My Number?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure your information is safe. If somebody is using your number to run a scam business, we recommend changing it. This way we can keep unwanted calls and searches for your mobile number. You can file a complaint to the FCC against the business using your number to see if it will help. You could also submit your number to the Do Not Call List to see if it would help. We also recommend contacting our Fraud Department to see if there is anything else that can be done. You can reach them at, 888-483-7200.

JavierMD_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!   

0 Likes
FIGHTERCHICK2004
Enthusiast - Level 1

I also have this question. I even went so far as to answer a couple of times and I got an older sounding gentleman and a lady who claimed I called them!

deloused
Master - Level 3

It is very annoying when someone is spoofing there outgoing caller ID number to yours, if the FCC can investigate and track down the parties involved that could eventually put an end to it, but otherwise the only sure way to stop the issue would be to change your phone number to a new one that the spoofers wouldn't know

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FIGHTERCHICK2004

Making sure that you don’t receive these unwanted calls by people saying you’ve called them is very important. We do recommend that you block the number for free on our website. You can block up to 5 numbers by clicking here http://vz.to/2usCe6H for the steps. Please refer to #3 under the General Information section.  If there are more than 5 numbers that are reaching you, we do suggest that you change your phone number. You can do that for free right online as well by clicking here  http://vz.to/1ODvmHY 

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!"

0 Likes